Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Im going to add my 2 cents here.

I am posting this so that you guys will know that what started out cool turned into something rather ugly.

Whatever Ron's W's past/present circumstances with regards to past business partners etc... is none of my business to share with any of you. I will say,not all of the truth is being posted on the "other" message board.

Ahub421... be patient, Ron is doing his best under the circumstances. You are getting quality hand built headers at a reasonable price.

sd421

1966 GTO

1966 421-9.3-1 comp-Race Tec 23cc Pistons
1966 Tri-Power
1967 670 Heads
Pontiac "Highlift" TriPower Cam by SpeedPro
DUR 214 Int 224 Exh @.050 - 107 ICL
LIFT .445" Int .465" Exh
Tri-Y-Headers by Tribal Tubes w/ Goerlich Mufflers
1966 Muncie Wide Ratio 4-Speed
1968-72 Chevy 12 Bolt Rear End w/ 3.73 rear gears
Old 01-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Seems to me that a lot of the guys that complained back then!! have finaly been done good to and lots of them got there headers!! sins Ron showed up again in making a efford to make right...
The complaining now seems to be your od one ore two persons, that due to sircumstanses and relocating behond his control have delayd the production and dilivery of his product... sins hes now up and running again im sure headers will be send out.
I myself aim waighting on a set as wel.
And im confidend that they wil be produced and shipt out in not to long... Bitching and moaning is 1 not going to get your money back, 2 is not going to speed up your headers being made. and 3 might iven delay headers being shipt out as a new buyer of headers makes him able to produce 2 sets and shipout to people who he is trying to do good with. thus giving and ore producing a slander campaing brings header producing and dilivery in jepardy for others as new custumors might sit and waight and see how this divelop, so Ahub421 shut the f up and waight in line..... your headers wil come

Old 01-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Suspended

LoveGTOs........whoaaa!!!! I never said the Tri-Y was a waste of time. I said it is likely.....repeat, likely...no better for HP than any other header out there right now for horsepower production given same tube sizes. To get the most from a tri-y setup they are placed on a dyno, and the length of tubes adjusted to maximize the effect of scavenging the tubes. But remember, this is done for people trying to eeek every last bit of power from a motor, its SUPER expensive to do, and in this case the lengh of the tubes is more geared toward fitting our cars. That is.....we wont know exactly until someone gets a set and throws them on a dyno next to others. But from a design standpoint I dont think Doug's headers or any other brand out there will flow better........just my inexperienced opinion. And we already know that lots of other production headers out there on the market arent made well, with flanges that are often warped, or require hammering the tubes to make them fit, or hit the road over the first speed bump.

If you think the OTHER header manufacturers put their headers on a dyno when designing them.....think again. SD421 is right, these are a hand built header at a decent price. Ron is really trying to build what a lot of pontiac guys NEED.

I also saw the post of yours that was apparently removed. You're just going to have to make your own decisions what you believe with what info is out there.

Last edited by aronhk_md; 01-29-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron,
PM me- I need to talk to you about gaskets...
Thanks!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ahub, if I was in you shape, and I am I would get a spare set of headers from someone, and get your car going. The headers you are getting from Ron are going to be much better than what you can buy with that money. It will cost you more money to get your money back and in the end you will have headers that don't fit and hang low.

I'm agree with you, but I am just saying, weigh the options and I think its best to not feed the lawyers.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:07 PM

Thanks for keeping us up to date Ron!

Old 02-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Aron.........did you get your headers already?

Old 02-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Suspended

Yes Larry....the pics on page 3 here are of the headers in my house.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
Yes Larry....the pics on page 3 here are of the headers in my house.
Hmmmmmmmm..........Aronhk, I just went and checked under my bed to make sure and the headers on this page are definately mine! : I think yours are on page 2 (post # 19)

Cheers!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Suspended

Post #43 is on my page 3.....with pics of mine. Depends how you have the website setup to lay out the pages I think. Yours are prettier Richie (and on my page 2....lol), but I cant get mine coated until I get the engine back in measure the collectors and cut them short, then add the flanges to make the turn toward my turbo. THEN I can make 'em pretty....lol

Old 02-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Suspended

i think its for Ron as a business person to state that everybody has been taken care of and then for the issue to be at an end.

Ron.......?

Old 02-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure he can't wait fo the day that he can say that, but we're not there yet. Probably getting pretty close though. From what I can gather, all the old,old orders for 2ng gen birds are caught up and he is now working on the a-bodys. Think there was about half a dozen or so of those. He is doing this by using all the profit from a new order to complete an old order. Obviously, if he can overcome this, it will make selling headers in the future much. much easier for him. I have to admire his dedication to trying to make good on these old orders.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:00 PM

Gearbanger,

I dont know where you heard that about the 2nd gens. As stated before I ordered mine in October '05 and still waiting. Ron said I was somewhere in the middle of the list and wouldn't be into for a couple weeks (as quoted by ron in October/November) on 2nd gen for awhile. =/

Old 02-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Same as sphynx88, I'm waiting for my 2nd gen headers I ordered back in 05. I did ask to change my order from 0 port to D port, and Ron was ok with it. He has contacted me a couple of times, and I'm confident he will deliver.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My bad, I may be mistaken. It has been so long and I have heard and read so much I can't keep it straight.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought everyone who sent money received headers already. Right? Or was that a different list?

Old 02-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVR421 View Post
I thought everyone who sent money received headers already. Right? Or was that a different list?
Where have you been? Alot has happened.

1966 GTO

1966 421-9.3-1 comp-Race Tec 23cc Pistons
1966 Tri-Power
1967 670 Heads
Pontiac "Highlift" TriPower Cam by SpeedPro
DUR 214 Int 224 Exh @.050 - 107 ICL
LIFT .445" Int .465" Exh
Tri-Y-Headers by Tribal Tubes w/ Goerlich Mufflers
1966 Muncie Wide Ratio 4-Speed
1968-72 Chevy 12 Bolt Rear End w/ 3.73 rear gears
Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVR421 View Post
some have, but as stated before I am still waiting.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD421 View Post
Where have you been? Alot has happened.
Does that mean all of the people who paid 5 years ago have received what they paid for? I mean it wouldnt make any sense if someone who just paid a month or so ago received theirs so quickly and far ahead of someone who paid 5 years ago. Or would it? Its so confusing?

Old 02-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Suspended

He is using cash from new header orders to help make old headers. So both old and new people are getting headers. Would not surprise me if he has to sell more than 1 set of new headers to make a set for an old order. Not so confusing really, but guess you have to read back through all the posts.

Regardless he is trying to make it up to those who paid a long time ago. He doesnt have cash reserves so its not going to happen overnight. I wish him luck, as its not going to be an easy road.

Closed Thread