Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Hood Tachs

Have you corrected the hood tach issues yet?
I have purchased two in the past 6 years, both have failed; then one was replaced by Mr Cass and that broke too...
If I were to buy another, what kind of warrantee will I get?
I will need to install this tach in my existing cover as it's already painted; i'll bet that voids the warrantee huh?
I see the catalog says that you sell two brands now?
Why is the "very good" tach more expensive than the "excellent" tach?

I've had no problems with the other items that I've purchased from PY or Ames
and I'd like to support our host but I need to know that this has been corrected...there are plenty of these on ebay for the same price w/ free shipping.

Thanks

Old 06-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F ROCK View Post
Have you corrected the hood tach issues yet?
I have purchased two in the past 6 years, both have failed; then one was replaced by Mr Cass and that broke too...
If I were to buy another, what kind of warrantee will I get?
I will need to install this tach in my existing cover as it's already painted; i'll bet that voids the warrantee huh?
I see the catalog says that you sell two brands now?
Why is the "very good" tach more expensive than the "excellent" tach?

I've had no problems with the other items that I've purchased from PY or Ames
and I'd like to support our host but I need to know that this has been corrected...there are plenty of these on ebay for the same price w/ free shipping.

Thanks
There are no known issues other than the occasional defects, like any part. Both of our tachometer manufacturers have a 1 year warranty. Tach A is a very accurate reproduction that is unsealed with a glass face like originals. Tach B features a very accurate face with correct font and colors as well. These use a plastic face and are permanently sealed, requiring no vent. Tach B is also compatible with aftermarket ignition systems like MSD, where Tach A is not. Both of these are considered very good quality. We carry both in order to give the customer as many options as possible. Can you please PM me with your customer number and more information? Thanks!