Old 11-30-2019, 02:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 64 PwrWindow Motor & Regulator Questions

My 64 GTO came with PwrWindows. As I remove more from the car in prep for the build,i'm having to look into learning more of how to repair some things myself as well as trying to find difficult parts. One issue I have is the left side qtr window had been replaced with a manual regulator.
So obviously I intend find a pwr regulator and I've heard there may be options on those used in 4 door cars or even stationwagons. Also these may be limited to 64/65 models. So far I've only removed the rear qtr windows and plan to start on removing everything from the doors including the vent windows. I've been studying threads to help me learn how to rebuild the vents and to how I must remove glass and regulators. One thing I'm looking for I hope someone may have a lead about is the power window motors used for these. I noticed the motors are DELCO appliance units produced in Rochester NY. Also on the one I've removed from the rear has just 2 bolts securing it together.Making it an early motor. I noticed as I try to open it up that it would only gap at the gear side. That stop me from completely trying to open the motor as I'm concerned how to deal with the brushes which appear to be on the bottom end of the motor where the plug goes. I hope someone may chime in here that has done this or has what I can't find which is a defined drawing of the internals. I feel good as both sides of the drive gear look good. Hopefully the front look just as good. Thanks for any input you may have as I'm sure some of this is going to be challenging but i'm ready to learn more.Aiso I'm trying to source where I may find whats needed for repair/replacement from rubber to guides or rollers. As seen in a pic below I have concern for a channel piece that fits under one qtr window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RearMtr6.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	525714   Click image for larger version

Name:	RearPowerWindows1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	525715  

3sp&3:08/10 boltPosi-Pwr Windows-Pwr Antenna
Silvermist w/BlackVinyl Top

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/dracowizard/65/
Old 12-02-2019, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

hunt through what these guys have . you may have to make the lower glass track. I think they have the rubber and the track metal. you can get motors from Ames . like $100.00 ea. front and rear are the same. if you car is a post car the rear window parts are harder to source. I made up the track on my car . early 65 is the same as 64 if you go looking for used parts

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/Products.html

Old 12-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Appreciate the lead

I will look into what they offer and yes my 64 is a post. I been studying the track with the thought i may need to make it. Sometimes its dificult to understand the full breakdown of many parts as i do my best to identify everything as i log and store parts away. I know its important to look for the left rear pwr regulator as i do want to go back with the power windows. Everything shared is a plus...Thanks.

3sp&3:08/10 boltPosi-Pwr Windows-Pwr Antenna
Silvermist w/BlackVinyl Top

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/dracowizard/65/