Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:49 PM
Senior Chief

Default Wilson Antique Car Parts (Hood Hinge Repair)

It's not often I rave about a company, but I wanted to post something stating how happy I was with the service by Wilson Antique Auto Parts.

In the process of removing the springs from my original '64 Grand Prix hood hinges, a loose rivet popped off the hinge. I decided it was time to restore/rebuild my hood hinges. I did some searching on the internet and discovered "hoodhingerepair.com", and Mr. Willie Wilson in VA. They're a father-son owned business who restores/rebuilds hood hinges for antique cars. There were some posts on this forum about their good work, so I figured I'd give them a try. They appear to mostly do GM A-body cars, but after seeing a photo of my hinges, Mr. Wilson said he could rebuild them.

Mr. Wilson was great with updates, transparent with the costs for the work and did what he said he would do. He also returned my completed hinges even faster than he first said he could. He tanked/media blasted the hinges and springs to remove 50+ years of grime, replaced all the rivets with brand new ones for a stronger, tighter fit, and painted the hinges with a phosphate grey paint to replicate the factory finish (the factory hinges were actually phosphate coated, but the paint looks great). Mine didn't need it, but he can also replace worn/weak hood springs with GM replacements. Lastly, he lubed the hinges so they operate smoothly. Mr. Wilson can also powder coat the hinges or return them as bare metal for finishing later. The restored/rebuilt hinges were even packaged very well with care instructions included in the packaging.

When they arrived today I was blown away how great they look. Well worth the money and I'm sure they will function as well as they look. Thank you again to Wilson Antique Auto Parts!

Old 01-30-2019, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I used him as well to rebuild mine. Very quick turnaround and excellent workmanship.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 02-27-2019, 12:48 PM

X2 on both posts, I had a great experience as well top-quality work and very fast turnaround. Mr. Wilson was very helpful in helping me determine that my hinges were OEM and could be repaired to better than new condition. His cost estimate was dead nuts on and he provided me with updates and details on the work as it was being performed. Very satisfied with the result and would not hesitate to use him again.

Old 05-11-2019, 12:29 PM

Have heard of "Willie" on the Chevelle site (www.chevelles.com) Have heard of his business sounds like a good one - to renew old original hood hinges!

Old 02-26-2020, 04:29 PM

I used them to rebuild my hinges,I highly recommend them.