67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 06-25-2023, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I love that red GP 428 4-spd.
The bid is $7600 with no reserve as of this post, it will be interesting to see if it makes it to the end of the auction.

James Q

1963 Bonneville Safari - Nocturne Blue, 4-speed
Old 06-25-2023, 09:19 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by thews View Post
A tale of three cars, which one is the better deal? Since I'm just pretending I could ever own one of these, I'd say #2 is the best investment. What say yee?

Car #1 is a 69 Trans AM 4-speed convertible tribute at $79K OBO in Texas. No one with a sane mind would actually drive a real 69 Firebird convertible around town, which is a dead giveaway it's a tribute. It's a beautiful car without the stacked gauges... I'd put fake ones in it if I owned it.

Car #2 is a real 69 T/A hardtop 4-speed with the stacked gauges in Nebraska at $140K with 65K miles on it. Really nice car.

Car #3 is a real 69 T/A automatic with stacked gauges in Michigan at $121K BIN with 46K miles.
Car #3 seems to be the best priced. Does 4 speed really mean an extra 20k? I know that if I was in the market, it would have to be a 4 speed but long term investment likely would see those prices even out as fewer people can even drive them. Plus it presents really well.

The convertible clone would be the most fun to drive around but its value will always be the value of a convertible plus the cost of the TA parts. A great hobbyist car but not a true collector.

Old 06-25-2023, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Car #3 seems to be the best priced. Does 4 speed really mean an extra 20k? I know that if I was in the market, it would have to be a 4 speed but long term investment likely would see those prices even out as fewer people can even drive them. Plus it presents really well.

The convertible clone would be the most fun to drive around but its value will always be the value of a convertible plus the cost of the TA parts. A great hobbyist car but not a true collector.
Agree the convertible clone would be the most fun. Assume you started with a nice $25K 350 Firebird convert automatic and built this car. Could you build it this way for an extra $54K... I think so. That car is prolly worth about $50K IMO, but with the asking prices of restomods at $60K+ I'm not sure if people are buying them for that much?

Regarding a 4-speed, I also agree it'll become a novelty in time, but that's what makes it more desirable IMO, because you can learn to drive it. I bought my first GTO when I was 16 and had never driven a 4-speed. I had to figure out how to drive it to get it home. I was starting out in third and thought it was dog slow... fond memories now.

Old 06-25-2023, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

74 GTO (Ventura) 4-speed with an LS1 at $15K BIN in NY... won't last long.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25612152477...Bk9SR8y07dueYg

Old 06-26-2023, 12:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

^^^ that's a 1993-97 LT1, way less moolah.

Old 06-26-2023, 12:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebird View Post
^^^ that's a 1993-97 LT1, way less moolah.
Poor Clown Car.
May it die a thousand deaths by a wet OptiSpark

Old 06-26-2023, 01:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

lol Pinion head...

I'd hit that t/a attack of the clone any day of the week if I could ever afford one...

Where is the fun of not driving one of those...drool

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
Old 06-27-2023, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I love that red GP 428 4-spd.
The car has magically disappeared from ebay...

James Q

1963 Bonneville Safari - Nocturne Blue, 4-speed
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesq For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2023, 06:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesq View Post
The car has magically disappeared from ebay...

James Q
Happens a lot. Someone goes to look at a car and makes them an offer. No eBay fees and the deal is done.

There were two ads... this one still is up and it's at $11.9K:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32570723648...8AAOSwcYtkl2L4

Last edited by thews; 06-27-2023 at 06:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to thews For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2023, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

87 Firebird Tojan with 26K miles at $20k bin in NY. Of all the strange Pontiac offshoots, I like this one the least. The wing is too big and it just looks like a fat Firebird to me. Only 26K miles though, so there's that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13461116927...8AAOSwrlhkfmSL

Old 06-28-2023, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

69 Grand Prix in Tacoma Washington at $200 NR. I've never seen a GP with a white interior... didn't know that was a thing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23506918372...gAAOSwJxpknLgv

Old 06-28-2023, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thews View Post
Happens a lot. Someone goes to look at a car and makes them an offer. No eBay fees and the deal is done.

There were two ads... this one still is up and it's at $11.9K:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32570723648...8AAOSwcYtkl2L4
It's now at $14.1k with 2 days left.

Old 06-29-2023, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo View Post
lol Pinion head...

I'd hit that t/a attack of the clone any day of the week if I could ever afford one...

Where is the fun of not driving one of those...drool
The price of the 69 TA tribute just dropped to $65K.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19584067593...0AAOSwuq1kl2Oc

Old 07-01-2023, 12:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

79 Trans AM WS6 in CA at $200 NR non-T-top car. Car and driver named the 79 T/A the best handling car with the anemic 403 Olds engine (this one has the 403). I love these cars and with basically any T/A from 70-81 you can swap front ends to build what you want. I have an 80 T/A WS6 that came from Utah that I plan to bolt a 72 front end on and replace the turbo 301 with a Pontiac 400. Project car for sure, but with a life span of over 10 years the parts are out there are fairly cheap. Also love the rear taillights. What's up with the gas door?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19585205345...Bk9SR6ySh_uhYg

Car and driver article: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...hived-feature/

Old 07-01-2023, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Another Lobby post

Thews, your enthusiasm for posting NON 67-69 Firebird Tech entries into this TECH forum seems to know no bounds.
What valuable '67-69 Firebird Tech question or info does the majority of your eBay posts include???

BTW, when Car & Driver deemed the '79 TransAm the Best Handling car that model year, the Car & Driver writers did so by specifically testing a lightweight (believe non AC) 301 powered WS6 T/A. Memory serves right, the competitors were the '79 Camaro z28, the new bodystyle '79 Mustang, & a 79 Corvette, that the Corvette engineers had slipped in a few preproduction 1980 suspension pieces.

Old 07-01-2023, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Thews, your enthusiasm for posting NON 67-69 Firebird Tech entries into this TECH forum seems to know no bounds.
What valuable '67-69 Firebird Tech question or info does the majority of your eBay posts include???

BTW, when Car & Driver deemed the '79 TransAm the Best Handling car that model year, the Car & Driver writers did so by specifically testing a lightweight (believe non AC) 301 powered WS6 T/A. Memory serves right, the competitors were the '79 Camaro z28, the new bodystyle '79 Mustang, & a 79 Corvette, that the Corvette engineers had slipped in a few preproduction 1980 suspension pieces.
You know what old pinion head, we all have choices to make. Your choice is to never click on this thread again and I hope you make your boycott stand in doing just that. No more clown cars for you!... yaaaa! I post in this thread because I appreciate this site and I hope the content is read with no pop ups, no BS, just some personal opinion that you can opt out of anytime (how about now for you?). Just something to read about Pontiacs. You’re so knee-deep in your own hypocrisy you tell me not to post about non-first gen firebirds, then comment on the second gen I posted about. I own 2 69 350 HO Firebird convertibles and 2 Trans AMs (75 and 80). Along with a lot of other folks, we own multiple cars. My only motivation for this thread is to post something to read. I tire of the AI world where the MSN homepage is filled with left and right political garbage. Instead of that rhetoric, why not read about a cool Pontiac I think is worth mentioning. It’s your choice, and I hope you never click on this thread again. The website moderators can shut this thread down anytime they wish, so maybe you should ping them and gather your pitchforks and torches to champion this outrage on a benign thread! Some people are just angry and need any reason to vent that anger. It’s your choice to never click on this thread again and one I hope you choose. For people who actually care about what Rosie Odonnell thinks about anything, there’s plenty of negative places to vent. While sarcastic and sometimes wrong, I have no angst to give... just positive vibes on my take regarding Pontiacs on eBay. Please don’t ever post in this thread again… you win!... yaaaa!

Last edited by thews; 07-01-2023 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2023, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

71 GTO in Ohio at $28.5K BIN OBO. Any car painted black will show body imperfections. Needs interior work, which is the easy part. Runs and drives.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30500589709...EAAOSws2FkoB1K

Old 07-06-2023, 05:29 PM

Default @Thews -c’mon back with more finds!

Hey Thews, it’s been 4 days w/o any new eBay/cars4sale sightings. I love checking this thread for new posts! Please keep posting! Btw, I think I’d seen in person, that seriously rusty’69 Gold FB that was listed in NJ a page or two back. I was excited to check it out over a year ago only to discover it was many years passed saving. It would be a true labor of love and insanity to bring it back as it was a base V8 ‘Vert. A friend called it a parts car at best.

68 Mustang FB-Green/Black (Bullitt)
The Following User Says Thank You to tininjun68 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2023, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tininjun68 View Post
Hey Thews, it’s been 4 days w/o any new eBay/cars4sale sightings. I love checking this thread for new posts! Please keep posting! Btw, I think I’d seen in person, that seriously rusty’69 Gold FB that was listed in NJ a page or two back. I was excited to check it out over a year ago only to discover it was many years passed saving. It would be a true labor of love and insanity to bring it back as it was a base V8 ‘Vert. A friend called it a parts car at best.
Pickens are kinda slim and there's really nothing cool to post about. I will say I contacted Gateway Motors to sell my car, so it's changed my mind about the Gateway cars. It's a 69 350 HO Firebird convertible that's was originally Champagne with a green interior and green top. If I give it to them to sell, the car leaves my driveway and once it sells they write me a check. Sure it'll cost me, but I won't have to deal with looky loos and low-ballers. I just fixed the convertible top motor (thanks youtube for being a valuable source of info) and I should have it up in a couple of weeks. If something pops up I'll post it.

Old 07-06-2023, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Knee deep in my own hypocracy" LOL, hardly! I only commented as your info in the '79 403 T/A listing was erroneous. If this entire thread was in the correct Forum, I might of nicely commented the same. Not sure how clear cut it can be, this forum is for technical threads related to '67-69 Firebirds.

Why is it a LOBBY thread, very similar to that of prev member Bonneville Joe's Craigslist thread allowed to run, as a catch all of everything project or running vehicle wise for sale on eBay in this forum??? It would be one thing in the Lobby, but in the '67-69 Firebird Technical Forum??

All of these Pontiac Technical Forums were designed to help members identify issues & help keep their specific model Pontiacs running, as well as to assist members with more in depth restoration issues. The Lobby, as well as the Clubhouse were designed for non technical Pontiac comments.