Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2020, 11:18 AM

Like many stories, there is always another chapter. My name is Tim Schuetz and I had just purchased this car from Chris. It safely arrived yesterday afternoon.

I first became aware of Chris's car after he advertised it last year. When the thread was brought back to the top about a month ago, I reached out to Chris to see if he still had the car. He in fact did and told me he was going to reattempt to sell the car, but was laying low through the Covid-19 thing.

In the last few weeks, Chris and I have spoken quite a bit. In fact, I think I would be fair to say we have spent about 10 hours on the phone. Certainly a fair amount talking about the TA, but also plenty of BS about cars and life. I really enjoyed the time talking to Chris, and feel I have gained a friend in it all.

Chris's representation of the car was brutally honest and transparent. Between all of the emails, pics, links, and discussion, I felt comfortable to purchase the car sight unseen (something I swore off). I also found that Chris and I have many of the same philosophies about a car like this. Now that the car is here and I have been able to spend some time with it, I can say the car is everything it was represented to be.

Survivor type cars are a fickle beast. Many people cannot look past or appreciate some of the "birth marks" an original car has. As many of you know, this car like many has a few stories to it. Thankfully, the previous owners have told the stories (good and bad) that would otherwise get kicked under the carpet.

To you Chris............thank you! You have proven there are still some good people in the hobby. That is what makes the hobby enjoyable. Moving forward, I am going to pick up where you have left off. Maintain, preserve, and enjoy. While I have some other cars, this particular TA checks off so many boxes for me. I love original cars! I love low production cars! I love fast cars!

One more additional shout out...... Fred from Williams Classic Auto Transport. Fred did everything he said he was going to, on time or ahead of what was promised. He was more than fair, and felt he treated the car very well (he also had a Bugatti in the trailer. If anyone is interested his number is 610.823.6125. From California to northern Wisconsin in 5 days.

Here are a few pics from yesterday...............

Tim