Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:53 AM

Thanks for the GREAT review. I need some advice/opinions on my 67 GTO. Here is my situation. I have a few (very few) paint "blisters" on both lower front fenders behind the front wheels just above the chrome rocker moldings about 4 inches. Each year it has been getting slightly worst. It's definately rust forming under the paint. I (body repairman) can either fix it with a patch panel, or should I bite the bullet and replace with complete LH & RH fenders. The rest of the fenders are perfect. The entire car is in great shape.
Thanks in advance! 67 Bobcat

Old 06-10-2003, 05:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

67bobcat,
If the rest of your fenders fit and look good I say just repair the ones you have. It's alot easier to fix body panels when all your attachement points are good and fit well. The lower portion of the fender is the easiest to fix anyway.

Just my .02. Good Luck!

All good things are worth waiting for. "Yeah right", I want them now!

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity".

1966 GTO Post Coupe, 467ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 11.6 118mph
1966 GTO Post Coupe, "The Bright Idea" 535ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 9.58 141mph
Old 06-10-2003, 07:22 PM

Bob,
Thanks for the advice. I think i'll go the patch panel route I noticed you're from Michigan. So am I. Do you know of a GOOD body shop or person that you would recomend. I'm in Sterling Heights.
Thanks again!
67 Bobcat

Old 06-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 67bobcat:
Thanks for the GREAT review. I (body repairman) can either fix it with a patch panel<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you are not talking about a patch panel you can buy out of a catalog.... We carried those patch panels for about a year. Every one we shipped out came right back. Poor quality! If your bodyman is a good welder, have him fabricate you a patch. Don't waste your time with the fender patches for 64-67!!! They are horrible.

btw: The 68-72 fender patches are all pretty nice.

---------------------------
Fool around, Get hurt, don't come crying to me.

Old 06-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Senior Chief

Ccass, when are they gonna come out with the new patch panels for 66-67 with the inner brace? I heard the company that makes the ones for the newer models was gonna be coming out with them.

Old 06-12-2003, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll tell you maybe in a couple of weeks, I have my car at a shop right now getting the hood painted. If he's good I'll let you know.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, my car was painted by a different guy that I would not recommend.

All good things are worth waiting for. "Yeah right", I want them now!

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity".

1966 GTO Post Coupe, 467ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 11.6 118mph
1966 GTO Post Coupe, "The Bright Idea" 535ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 9.58 141mph
Old 06-13-2003, 04:08 AM

Bob,
Good luck with your hood. Unfortunatly, you won't know for sure until the job is done. I'm in the same situation with my fenders. Keep me posted on how things work out.
67 Bobcat

Old 06-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sixty7Goat:
Ccass, when are they gonna come out with the new patch panels for 66-67 with the inner brace? I heard the company that makes the ones for the newer models was gonna be coming out with them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

fender patches? They have just become available and are $70/ea. and include the braces. RPF70 & RPF72

[This message was edited by Ccass on June 18, 2003 at 02:33 PM.]

Old 06-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

Chris, Any Pics of the new patch panels? Im curious how far up on the dogleg they go. Thanks!

Old 06-24-2003, 09:15 PM
Administrator

I should have fender patch pics next week.

Old 06-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wish I had waited for the new patch panel. DIdn't know they were coming. Bought one of the older ones and as noted it is horrible. I have put a lot of work in it and think it may come out ok but I would have been better off fabing one from scratch.

Old 06-26-2003, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Old 06-27-2003, 03:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Chris.
These look like a much improved patch panel then the ones I purchased at the Englishtown swap meet in the spring. I got them home & compared them to my fenders. Just put them on the shelf . I will be ordering these new ones soon!
Ron

Another Red Light Nightmare

Semper Fi
Old 06-27-2003, 07:30 AM
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rapdron:
Chris.
These look like a much improved patch panel then the ones I purchased at the Englishtown swap meet in the spring. I got them home & compared them to my fenders. Just put them on the shelf . I will be ordering these new ones soon!
Ron
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron, your post infers that you got them from us. Those patches were not bought from PY. I stopped carrying those the day I first saw them in 1991! Not upset, I just didn't want anyone to think I carried those junky patches.

Old 06-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Chris. SORRY about the way the post sounded. I didn't buy them from you or Ames, They were purchased for me by a friend who was at the swap meet. "Quality" was unbelieveable!
They were, however, purchased from a company who doesn't get too high a grade when it comes to this forum. Last time that will happen!

Thanks for a terrific site, Ron

Another Red Light Nightmare

Semper Fi
Old 06-27-2003, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

Thanks Alot Chris!