Old 02-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
I still think they look better in Yellow!!!!!!
Of course you do!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-26-2012, 05:45 PM

Default 73-74 SD 455 Selling Prices

Has anyone started keeping track of SD 455 cars sold prices just for reference? I see another one just sold for $39.9K and i would be interesed to see what selling prices have been. Asking prices are easy to find. Let me know maybe I will not have to duplicate the effort of keep and log of selling prices. Thanks

Old 02-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Pringle View Post
Has anyone started keeping track of SD 455 cars sold prices just for reference? I see another one just sold for $39.9K and i would be interesed to see what selling prices have been. Asking prices are easy to find. Let me know maybe I will not have to duplicate the effort of keep and log of selling prices. Thanks
I think doing that would be a terrific idea. If for anything proving to our insurance providers the value of our cars. Maybe even get it stickied with just the selling info so we could send a link to insurance companies if necessary.

Recording as much info about the car and a link or somehow capturing the webpage before it expires too would be an added benefit.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking Farewell My Friend

Just a note to let you all know that the SD is no longer mine. The car is going to a good home in the Midwest. I had a good time owning the car but the fun was over for me. Car shows started to become a drag and I wasn't driving the car as much as it deserved to be driven. I know that the new owner will drive it regularly. Congratulations to him.

Please don't ask who I sold it to and please don't ask how much. It's between me and the buyer.

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats Bob, Hope the cars new owner will enjoy it half as much as you did over the years. Im sure it was a hard decision but that new ride will help the grieving process for sure.
Better still hit some of the shows bro cause the Nats wont be the same without you and Richard. I have my room booked already this year since Bill Porter is going to be there again and they're trying to get a bunch of Brewsters there in his honor. Please try and best of luck brother.
Brew

Old 02-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdutybob View Post
Just a note to let you all know that the SD is no longer mine. The car is going to a good home in the Midwest. I had a good time owning the car but the fun was over for me. Car shows started to become a drag and I wasn't driving the car as much as it deserved to be driven. I know that the new owner will drive it regularly. Congratulations to him.
I know what you mean about car shows. I can't deal with the touchers, leaners and their kids, all of whom have no concept of respect for another person's property. It is very rare I ever go to a show, and if I do it is only to hang out with friends.

Anyway, I get more of a thrill out of the process of restoring a car myself than keeping it afterward.

Congrats on your sale..

Hopefully some more 73 SD owners will get tired of their cars in the next year or so, so I can finally get one and start another restoration thread.
:-)

Old 02-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, whos going to keep me in check now?

Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post

Anyway, I get more of a thrill out of the process of restoring a car myself than keeping it afterward.

Let me know when I can drop something off.

You are between projects aren't you?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, so i drop off my SD, take the '72, do some autocross and the NE hillclimb series, you call when the SD is finished, then i return the 72 for you to put right again? After that i have an MGA to keep you occupied .... ))

Old 02-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Once again I forgot to put in the fine print...the car has to be mine, first. Of course I will give you the right to first refusal if I ever sell it. ;-)

Old 02-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That would be a big "IF" indeed njsteve.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:02 PM

Default Brewster

Back to that shark tank 74 superduty formula. Did that guy not have a blue 73 superduty formula for sale not that long ago. It was on EBAY and it had white interior and dog dish hubcaps! I think i can find a pic of it!

1973 SD 455 TA Auto
1974 SD455 TA 4 Spd
Old 02-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD73 View Post
Thank you very much!

I actually think this may be a SD starter too! In the section 1 Starter Motors it lists the 1108500 part number AS CORRECT for a '74 SD. Well, I wish it were a '73, but that aint bad. Please have a look and let me know if my eyes are playing tricks. And thanks again!
Rich,
You are CORRECT. My old eyes missed that, good correction, thanks for pointing that out.
Sorry for any mis-information, that's why I spent the time to post the .pdf files for all to review and comment.

Wish we had seperate SD and HO forum(s) to figure this stuff out in detail, but oh well....

SDD

74 SD TA 4spd.
72 442 W-30 auto, post coupe Bamboo. 1 of 19 total.
90 300zx TT 5spd.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Duty D View Post
Rich,
You are CORRECT. My old eyes missed that, good correction, thanks for pointing that out.
Sorry for any mis-information, that's why I spent the time to post the .pdf files for all to review and comment.

Wish we had seperate SD and HO forum(s) to figure this stuff out in detail, but oh well....

SDD
SD and HO Forums would be phenomenal. If I had on my ruby slippers I'd click 'em together to score them for us! Hey, I can't thank you enough for sharing that info with us! I really appreciate that, SDD!

Another interesting thing I just noticed is that although the stamped on case Production Numbers are different, the Service Numbers are the same. Any idea what a Service Number is? The service number is the same between both the 1108495 & 1108500 starters.

Last edited by SD73; 02-27-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
I know what you mean about car shows. I can't deal with the touchers, leaners and their kids, all of whom have no concept of respect for another person's property. It is very rare I ever go to a show, and if I do it is only to hang out with friends.

Congrats on your sale..

Hopefully some more 73 SD owners will get tired of their cars in the next year or so, so I can finally get one and start another restoration thread.
Not really tired of it.....more like dwindling interest. I keep it around just in case the stock market goes to crap..........again.
At least I have something of intrinsic value.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Senior Chief

Talking

Quote:

Please don't ask who I sold it to and please don't ask how much. It's between me and the buyer.
So my ex-SD bud, care to tell us all what you might be buying with that pile of money? Hope it's faster than that T/A!

1970 RAIV GTO 4-speed
1974 Original owner Z-28 4-speed
2008 SRT10 Viper Very Orange (was SD TA!)
2015 Challenger Hellcat 6spd (was SD TA!)
Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wager on some RT whatchamacallit ? Like I said Bob I hope this doesnt mean you stop coming out to some Pontiac shows to chew the fat. Either way bro wish the best!

Old 03-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwinkles View Post
So my ex-SD bud, care to tell us all what you might be buying with that pile of money? Hope it's faster than that T/A!
LOL! I am replacing it with a 2012 SRT8 Charger which does everything better than the old girl! It's quicker, faster, handles better, stops WAY better, gets better mileage, and the A/C is colder. And it has a kick ass stereo! And.......replacement parts are readily available.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Talking

Quote:
LOL! I am replacing it with a 2012 SRT8 Charger which does everything better than the old girl! It's quicker, faster, handles better, stops WAY better, gets better mileage, and the A/C is colder. And it has a kick ass stereo! And.......replacement parts are readily available.
...but do the chick's dig it???

73 Trans Am, SD-455, 4-Speed, Brewster Green
73 Formula, 455, 4-Speed, Ascot Silver
73 Formula, 455, Navaho Orange Survivor
Old 03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Goat View Post
...but do the chick's dig it???
My chick does and that's all that matters!