The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 01-28-2002, 08:15 PM

Is there a site that has posted the correct color paints for various engine compartment items? I saw where the new zinc oxide paint from eastwood was recomended for the hood hinges. Is the hood latch painted the same zinc oxide or left natural bare metal? I am detailing the engine compartment of my 67 gto and would like to restore as correct as possible. thanks for your help

Old 01-28-2002, 08:15 PM

Is there a site that has posted the correct color paints for various engine compartment items? I saw where the new zinc oxide paint from eastwood was recomended for the hood hinges. Is the hood latch painted the same zinc oxide or left natural bare metal? I am detailing the engine compartment of my 67 gto and would like to restore as correct as possible. thanks for your help

Old 01-28-2002, 11:29 PM

Through the years some hinges were black some natural. The 1967 GTO should be natural but if factory replaced it could be black cadmium. The spring should be natural.Page 79 restoration guide 1964-1972. page 85 it looks like the hood latch is siver. Hope this helps.

Old 01-29-2002, 08:39 PM

Thanks, I looked at my restoration guide as you directed. I guess a good bead blasting of the hinges is in order. Is the zinc oxide paint used for the "natural" appearence? instead of blasting or is there another paint used to achieve the natural look?

Old 01-29-2002, 11:35 PM

I would bead or sand blast and spray with eastwoods Diamond clear $9.50.