Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 05-10-2006, 02:55 PM

Default looking for my old 75 t\a

I am looking for my old t/a. I bought it in september of 91 from the lizton indiana area. It was a 75, silver, with maroon interior. It had fifty one thousand miles on it. It had been wrecked in the front, from the firewall back the car was very solid. I sold it to a guy in the coatsville indiana area not long after i got it I decided it was to big a project for me while I was in college. I beleive the guy I sold it to, did fix the car. I remember seeing the car in his driveway. He lived on the highway there in town. The vin number was 2w87s5n541077. One thing unique about the car was that it had 455 ho on the scoop but was not a 455 car. I did contact the original owner of the car and he told me that he had access to stickers so he put them on it. He was a member of the trans am club in indianapolis. Thank you for any leads on the car!

Old 05-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via ICQ to GOAT72
Question

Wow... I'm looking for my 1975 TA, silver with maroon interior too. Mine was a 400, 4-spd, firechicken hood decal....sold to me on Jan. 2, 1975 at Ocean Pontiac in Beverly, Massachusetts. I had special ordered it from the Framingham factory on Oct. 31st 1974.

I sold it 2 years later and purchased a '70 442 'vert. with ram air (fg) hood and 455/TH400.

Wish I knew if that '75 TA still existed....

Old 05-11-2006, 02:26 PM
On Vacation

my first T/A is in the scrap yard on lane rd in Perry Ohio. I loved that car. Too bad I didnt have tools/knowledge to fix some of the parts on it. I sold it for 25$ and I bet I could have made more if I held it for a few more years and sold on ebay.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Pontiacmuscle

I know of a 400 4spd '75 T/A sitting in a local body shop with silver metal-flake paint, 4spd and maroon interior or was it red? Just painted black.

http://www.ramblinman.org/1975transam.htm

~PM~

Old 05-11-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455poncho
I am looking for my old t/a.
Either it's in a garage somewhere or it's moved out of the Hendricks County/Boone County/Morgan County area. In the past 5 years I've only seen two TAs other than mine in this area. I saw a orange 76 on US 136 last fall, I've seen a black 76 sans engine in a garage in Plainfield, and I have a 75 TA (survivor I bought new in 75) that I don't drive much these days. That's it -- haven't even SEEN any other TAs around this side of town. I'm thinking most of them were allowed to rot away, turned into race or drag cars, or been stolen by aliens.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455poncho
I am looking for my old t/a. I bought it in september of 91 from the lizton indiana area. It was a 75, silver, with maroon interior. It had fifty one thousand miles on it. It had been wrecked in the front, from the firewall back the car was very solid. I sold it to a guy in the coatsville indiana area not long after i got it I decided it was to big a project for me while I was in college. I beleive the guy I sold it to, did fix the car. I remember seeing the car in his driveway. He lived on the highway there in town. The vin number was 2w87s5n541077. One thing unique about the car was that it had 455 ho on the scoop but was not a 455 car. I did contact the original owner of the car and he told me that he had access to stickers so he put them on it. He was a member of the trans am club in indianapolis. Thank you for any leads on the car!
this sounds a lot like a car sold thru a local bike shop last year.

the business name is renegade customs, it's located in portland in.

i never looked at the car closely so i don't have the vin.

if you have a friend who's a cop ask them to run an ownership search on the vin.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-12-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon
if you have a friend who's a cop ask them to run an ownership search on the vin.
Without probable cause, the cops I know get *real* nervous about doing that. In this post-9/11 world the National Security Agency pulls in all the phone call logs in the country, but God help the officer at the local PD who accesses a database without having a job-related reason...

Old 05-17-2006, 01:44 AM

Hey guys, I'm also looking for an old '75 TA of mine, VIN 2W87W5N568770, silver, black deluxe interior, with 455 "HO" engine, and just about every option imaginable. Would love to know if it's still around, maybe even buy it back!!