The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default "Made in Canada" wheels

Is there a known, starting date, for rally II wheels with the "made in Canada" stamping inside the rim?

Also ...anyone know what a JG code, 14x6, Rally II, date code looks like it Aug, 78 (or at least it does have an "8" for the year code) I see a 78 on the other stamping inside the rim, alongside the "Made in Canada" stamp.

Seems to be a whole of lot of confusion as to the the codes used on the 70's era Rally IIs. So far I've seen KM and JG code Rally IIs in 14x7 and these codes are not listed anywhere. A knowledgable PY member informed me of the KM origin, but the JG is still a mystery ...

Where o where is the book that tells me everything

JohnnyB

Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Anybody? Bueller
JohnnyB

Old 04-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's an older thread covering the KM wheel code: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...light=rally+km

Concerning the Made in Canada ? I can only guess but here's one opinion. I'm finishing up an Oshawa built 70 Judge & noticed many of the components had Made in Canada stenciled/stamped/labeled on them such as the dash pad, radio etc. My guess is since the majority of the cars/parts we're used to seeing came from U.S. plants that we just don't see that many pieces with the Canadian origin on them. I know the radio out of my Judge is the first one I've ever seen that did not say made in Kokomo, Indiana. I did find a Delco-Remy starter that had Made in Canada stamped on it & I had to put it this car!
HTH,

Old 04-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

noticed I was quoted

No confusion... seriously the KM's & KX's are not very valuable, as the offset is different, many of us won't use them on '67-72's

Old 04-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have seen "Made in Canada" stamped on the spines of many Pontiac rally II's, it doesn't have anything to do other than there being a vendor (prob Motor Wheel) which had a plant in Canada.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was just wondering if there was a known date when all the data started being stamped on the inside of the rim. It's like a paragraph worth of stuff, very often including the made in Canada stamp. So far both sets of Rally II's I've had in my hands were made in Canada stampings, evidently very common, was just wondering if anyone might know what date they started with these ... seems like mid 70's.

It's curiousity thing...not a value thing. I'd only use a set as driver spares.

If a person was to need OEM steel wheels of a specific date, or very close (may 68), how likely is it that I would find them? I'm about to give up on finding a set of real JC code wheels worth restoring, and might opt for the OEM steel wheels the car was ordered with. It's a first week of July, 68 gto, and I have three steel, HG code, 14x6 wheels dated 5/31/68 .... so I need two more of them. I like the poverty cap look anyway.
JohnnyB