Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 02-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Senior Chief

Default STOLEN CAR TURBO BUICK BEAVERCREEK OHIO

I KNOW ITS NOT A PONCHO BUT PLEASE.................
Be on the look out for a White 87 turbo T Limited 1 OF 1035,Burgundy interior.Black GN hood ,weld Draglite wheels,Licience # OHIO PSI 6
Stolen @ 2:33AM on 1/27/07.column lock was installed
VIN# 1G4GM1171HP422281
please contact
bobbybuick@sbcglobal.net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC_007S.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	81323  

BOB SLUSSER
937-286-4343
Old 02-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Senior Chief

Will keep my eyes pealed and ears open.
Tom

Old 02-03-2007, 06:44 PM

if you've not done it post this over on the turbo buick boards.

i'll watch up here also.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 02-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

any updates,ill be in Chicago next week,ill keep my eyes open but it probably stuck in a garage somewhere

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 02-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know this is no help for your current car, but there is an identical car advertised locally in Raleigh NC on Craigslist. The ad was posted on 1/11/2007. It is white, and the price is $8000.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/260997902.html

Old 02-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Senior Chief

no updates,I have some ideas and your right its in a garage or trailer.Ive spent this week purchasing a hand gun and alarm system.I visited my hagerty rep and upgraded my insurance .also meeting my state farm agent next week for a writer on my homeowners.Ive had a bunch of support locally and from the forums im currently on.unfortunatly the law is on the thiefs side and not the victums so we are working it ourselves.next battle is convincing the idiots it is one of 1035 turbo limits built and it is not a 700.00 regal.
by the way the car in the add is not the same ours was a limited and that is a turbo-T, but thanks for the add.

BOB SLUSSER
937-286-4343
Old 02-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would recommend you print off the craigslist ad I sent you and keep it handy. While this car may not be anywhere near comparable to yours, it at least shows these are not $700 regals.

Mike

Old 02-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Senior Chief

I will be keeping an eye out just North of you. You might try to put something on www.streetracingdayton.com as well.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:47 PM

unfortunately i'll wager this car is less than 100 miles from where it was stolen.

it may pay to ask at local speed shope, body shops, part stores,storage lots ect for people trying to pedal parts.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Senior Chief

Here's an ad for one with a blue interior. You might have already seen it.
http://www.auto-rv.com/browse.aspx?AdName=2-350139
Don't know if this dealer may have heard anything through the grapevine or not.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Suspended

The only good car thief is one swinging by their neck in a noose. Hope you find your ride & the scum who took it.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Where was the car when it was stolen? Had you been talking to anyone about it shortly before it was stolen? Been in any shows? Had anyone shown interest in it? Had anyone been at your house for parts or another car? Have you had any new acquaintances or had friends bring anyone over? Are you in a club? Do you know of anyone that has a project? Let us know the circumstances of the theft. The chances are very high that this was done by someone that you know.

Some things for you to check out. Ask at body shops if anyone has talked about, had done or set up to have done a car similar to yours. Ask if they know anyone that's wrecked one recently, within the past year or so. Ask at parts stores if there's been anyone ordering parts for one, particularly speed parts. Don't be afraid to make a pest of yourself but offer a reward to help people remember you and be more apt to talk to you when you come back and ask if there've been any sightings or purchases. Call insurance agencies and ask if anyone has tried to insure one or collected on an accident with one and might be trying to rebuild it. Try to make friends with a cop and have him check for new registrations of GN's, particularly rebuilds. There's a real strong possibility that your car will be the recipient of another VIN tag. This is what makes it wrong to sell them. Watch the local ads and Ebay for any 87's that come up for sale in your area and check them out. Wrack your brain and try to remember everything that made your car unique, a window chip, lens crack, any changes you'd made, anything that would help you identify it. Anything! Maybe a window stuck when you rolled it up, maybe it had a particular rattle, a particular sound when you closed the door. Get the point?

Do you remember any ads or know of anyone that sold a basket car similar to yours? Ask any of the Buick guys around.

There are a lot of ways you can be active in finding it. The ones that are recovered quite often have been found when the owner's been pro-active. Be optimistic, you might be pleasantly surprised. Follow every lead.

Good Luck, Rich

Old 03-31-2007, 06:25 PM

Unhappy

Dude, I feel for ya!
I had a '87 Turbo-T Limited for 12 years, except mine had the tan leather interior.
If you are a GSCA member, be sure to send a notice to them to have the members keep an eye out.
I hope the theives get caught....(in between a semi and a tree).

'03 VTX-1800c
Old 04-01-2007, 10:01 AM

Bob

Dude youre right down the road from me. I'll make sure to keep my eyes open.

It's been 2 months now....any new information?

Old 04-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Chief

I have a good Idea who I think took the car.Cant prove it and it will not be seen on the road around here.Really doesnt matter at this point claims been paid and it is no longer our car even if recovered.I do own a 9mm with laser now and it is loaded next to me .

BOB SLUSSER
937-286-4343
Old 04-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If it was me I'd track them and the car down, there has to be some way to prove they did it.

See how they'd like a little quality time with Bubba the Skinhead in the joint. You can always buy the car back from the Insurance Company. The thought of someone else profiting from my labor would too much to bear, especially if I knew who it was.

Rich

Old 04-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Suspended

Follow that person day and night. Sometimes very clearly, other times not. If you think they did it, and find out anything of where it or parts may have went, a 9mm shoved up a nose with the offer to talk or die results in talk. I know that works. And I don't care who their over badged brother is. I got my cylinder heads back that way with a 45.