Old 08-24-2009, 11:29 PM

Default 1972 T/A Lucerne Blue auto

My customer is thinking of selling his 72 lucerne blue T/A
455 auto trans( He said it has a "15" on the center exhaust port) so lets assume it is a NOM in this car.70 K original miles stored inside for 15 yrs.
Body is rust free except 1 spot on bottom of quarter easily fixable with a small patch.I looked at this car ayear ago to restore for them and it has been inside since then,so it should be in the same condition.The rest of the car is original down to the rally wheels, shaker etc.It does have cloth seat covers done in the 80s
It has been repainted a darker blue.Car is complete & together.Motor will need to be rebuilt but does turn over.
I do have the PHS and can fax to interested parties.
Options
8 track
front console
rear console
Asking price is $ 10,500
Please call for the fastest response I don't live on the computer.# 303 489 1872
Thanks Steve

Last edited by ram4 judge; 08-24-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: # added
Old 08-27-2009, 09:40 AM

Default The rest of the story

I went and looked at the car on weds night.
It was sold to a dealer in Lahara CO ( Louis Auto Sales ) there # is 1 719 274 5927.Ask for Louis, he is the owner.They have no answering or message service so just keep calling ,they will pick.HE IS FIRM AT $7,500 on the price(trust me I drove 4 hrs with cash no budging on the price).He won't take pics for you so you will have to go look at the car.
Here is the rest of the story: He says he purchased car from original owner and that she only had the car painted in the 80's.I did pull PHS on car and it is a 72 T/A lucerne blue/black interior auto trans.Very low option- auto, 8 track,front & rear console.speedo shows 71K and looks to be correct by patina on rest of parts/ car
Engine- YW block ( low HP 455 non original motor)
heads- "15" dated L15 69 so early Big car heads from 455
intake-aftermarket holly
Carb- aftermarket holly
Under hood is stock looking I didn't bother to check rad ,dist etc because I figured it to be non original.He thinks it is original??.I didn't know Pontiac was putting 69/70 heads on 72 cars??
Interior-shifter & console are gone.Has aftermarket shifter with power window switch screwed to it( Doesn't show power windows on PHS).Seata are there but it will need a full interior kit.
Body-has some rust around back window on quarters,could be just surface or it may break thru when blasted.Right quarter has rust out and looks to have been repaired before,may need a patch up to the 1st body line.Left quarter looks good but may have been patched before.Both lips have been rolled up for bigger tires.Fenders show no bubbles.Hood has hood pins but easily fixable ,no kinks.Doors good.Trunk & floors look good no rot.Roof has sunroof and will need a full roof skin.
I passed on this car because I have to many projects in front of it to do.If you love these cars and are doing it for yourself it might make sense money wise to do it.
SO WHY ALL THE INFO ???? We have a saying in Colorado - "The S&&^^%#T Mexicans do to cars".
This guy wants to put a "CHHHEVVVY" 454 in it ,paint it white with 2 blue stripes with custom cloth seats that his family stitched up themselves.
SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE THIS CAR.
Lajara CO is 2 1/2 hour south west of Colorado Spring airport( @ 90MPH).
Yes I will go pick it up and bring it back to Denver for you for a fee,and store until you can have it picked up.
Good luck and hope this info helps.NO I DON"T HAVE ANY PICS.
Steve
# 303 489 1872 if you need to arrange for me to get the car.