Old 02-10-2009, 01:09 AM

Default 69 Firebird Partially Restored

I have a 69 Firebird that i bought about 3 years ago partially completed from John Lee from over on the classical pontiac site. I have since done a ton of work to it but its just getting to the point that i dont want to spend money on it because i really want a 69-72 GTO. I would be willing to make a trade even or down for a GTO or some other performance oriented car.

The car is primered, but really needs stripped to bare metal and started over. Completely rust free except a 4x4 patch on the flat portion of the passenger rocker. All 4 floor sections, trunk pan, and cowl corners replaced by me. New full aftermarket quarters, inner and outer wheelhouses and door skins replaced previously. Excellent trunk lid, immaculate doors, new repo 400 hood, immaculate valence and batwing. New repo headlight surrounds, great trim rings, all bumper/front end bracketry/wheelhouses refinished in black. New repo bumpers. All glass is there and nice. Firewall was painted, inner and outer floors ceramic coated. New gas tank, lines, brake lines installed. Rear diff painted black and rebuilt, springs painted to imitate bare metal.

Front stub is powdercoated black and all new rubber bushings installed. Poly subframe bushings and comes with new CE subframe connectors.

Drivetrain is a 73 455 and an early 64-65 muncie 4 speed and a 2.73 posi 8.5 10 bolt. I wanted it to be a nice cruiser. Muncie was rebuilt by me, is an early m20 that has the lowest (2.56?) 1st gear available. 10 spline input of course. Blasted and refinished as well as the bellhousing. New clutch linkages. New hurst shifter setup from pete serio.

Engine was rebuilt before i got it, i just painted it up. has later 6x-8 heads for low octane gas and a summit 2801 cam that i put in it. Has a points distributor in it but i can provide an HEI. I was going for stock appearing. Dont have the car running now but it was running when i got it so i know its fine, but i am not to the point of firing it up yet. Coated cast iron manifolds with a new dual exhaust with violator mufflers.

Carb is a rebuilt 69 carter replacement qjet that i bought off here from a member.

A/C system all there but needs restored.

Interior is all there but needs work but complete. Black standard. Needs carpet, seat covers, door panels, etc. Door panel chrome is good as is the rest of the interior chrome. Just dried out as this car was supposedly in the southwest for a while and all the seals proved it.

Very very nice base for a motivated hobbyist. Just looking for something different. Would trade for a variety of cars but would be extremely interested in a gm A-body that is painted but drivetrainless, or a possible trade up on a 05-06 GTO

I also have a modded 98 ws6 6spd black/black up for sale/trade

Lets deal

10,000 OBO

Last edited by AK77TA; 02-10-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Senior Chief

You have a private message.

Chris

We are building a bad-ass, hot-looking, hot-running Pontiac street machine.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:34 AM

bump

Old 05-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can you send me some pics? netterbug1@embarqmail.com

Also here is a link to my car if you have any interest.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicl...st-custom.html

Old 05-26-2009, 09:34 PM

Car runs great now. All trade offers will be entertained.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey there, my offer still is on the table....

Old 07-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Car is still available. Price is negotiable, and so are trades. I tried to be as thorough as possible on the description, but if there are any questions, just ask.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 PM

sold...........