Old 03-09-2017, 07:10 AM

Default 74 Formula

BJ maybe one of these guys know why it had a trailer hitch on it when I purchased the car (YES PY members I said trailer hitch). And by the way Jim, I hold you personally responsible for that large empty void in my garage that I have to look at everyday! Just kidding I am glad your loving this car BJ.
Pat

Old 03-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My first '77 SE had a mint trunk pan, but the lower rear quarters/dropoffs were GONE, as were the passender floor pans from the T-Tops leaking.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 03-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The trailer hitch was put on the car when the guy moved out of state. The was a move from Indiana to Utah and than back to Wisconsin. I dont know who owned it at the time,but it was there in 2001 when I first seen the car. A New Berlin,WI cop owned it. BJ the miles on the car when I first seen it in 01 were 107K. Tom ( the guy I got it from ) had a couple of cars so he only drove it sparingly. If you look at your reciepts from the motor and trany rebuild you will see the they dont have many miles logged on them.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhconst View Post
BJ maybe one of these guys know why it had a trailer hitch on it when I purchased the car (YES PY members I said trailer hitch). And by the way Jim, I hold you personally responsible for that large empty void in my garage that I have to look at everyday! Just kidding I am glad your loving this car BJ.
Pat
Pat I still ahve the Deck lid with the Luggage rack on it that I was gonna put on the car if I kept it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3873.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	449170  

Old 03-09-2017, 08:00 PM

Default 74 Formula

Jim, Im looking for another Formula as we speak just so I can use that deck lid. It will be the only one in town.
Pat

Old 03-09-2017, 11:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was able to get the car registered in Georgia today and I have a new Prestiege License Plate coming that will be: "HAD1N75" or "Had One In '75" which was the year I bought the twin to this car.

I also ordered a set of vinyl accent stripes (Light Orange, Dark Orange, Black) from Phoenix Graphics. Will be getting some paint correction work done on the car over the next month or so, then adding the stripes. Nothing major, just some buffing/polishing to bring the luster back, and a few touch-ups on some big scratches and door dings.

Getting the oil and fluids changed/inspected/topped off tomorrow, and putting it on a lift to get a good look underneath.

BJ

Old 03-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

BJ,

Glad to see you are back into classic Pontiacs. Good luck with the new purchase.

Jim

Old 03-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Jim! I am so happy to have found this car and been able to work out a deal to own it. Lots of fun to have a car that is identical to the one I drove in college. So many fond memories of cruising the UT Campus, Fraternity Row and "the Strip" in Knoxville in that car. I hope mine is still alive and well somewhere, but this one is as close as I can get for now.

BJ

Old 03-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default How Does A Posi Work? It Just Does!

Posi works great! Apologies to The Boss that there was no one available to Video this. I can testify that it was real...and it was awesomely loud and smokey! Every shipping/receiving clerk in the building came to their shipping doors to see what that awesome sound was. The smoke hung in the air and for a few minutes, the smell of burned rubber filled their nostrils and they smiled!

BJ

Old 03-11-2017, 09:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Thanks Jim! I am so happy to have found this car and been able to work out a deal to own it. Lots of fun to have a car that is identical to the one I drove in college. So many fond memories of cruising the UT Campus, Fraternity Row and "the Strip" in Knoxville in that car. I hope mine is still alive and well somewhere, but this one is as close as I can get for now.

BJ
BJ,
If you ever have the erge to sell the car , Please let me know. I miss doing the great burner's. That car is sneaky fast.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Posi works great! Apologies to The Boss that there was no one available to Video this. I can testify that it was real...and it was awesomely loud and smokey! Every shipping/receiving clerk in the building came to their shipping doors to see what that awesome sound was. The smoke hung in the air and for a few minutes, the smell of burned rubber filled their nostrils and they smiled!

BJ
You're fine - this time!

Nice tracks!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

BJ
great description I can almost smell taste and hear it myself