Old 10-12-2004, 07:06 AM

hi im looking for a pitmen arm for my 63 lemanscan anybody help or let me know if anydody is still selling these thanks

Old 10-12-2004, 07:06 AM

hi im looking for a pitmen arm for my 63 lemanscan anybody help or let me know if anydody is still selling these thanks

Old 10-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I could use one or 2 as well, let me know if you find any NOS. On both of my cars that run & drive the arms is/are totally worn out. 63 is weird, the joint on the 63s is in the arm NOT in the center link as in other GM cars from 64-on.
If I can't find any NOS arms I was thinking of just changing out the entire front steering linkage to something GM from a more modern car. I expect the original arm for a 63 is going to be difficult if not impossible to find, in NOS condition.

Old 10-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Senior Chief

There is a company in California called Rare Parts. They can rebuild the stock 63' pitman arm. It's not cheap (I don't remember what it cost me, $130-150?). I don't know if they sell to the general public, but you can go into your local Checker/Schucks/Kragen and have them send it in for you. Rare Parts can supply a lot of suspension parts that aren't available anywhere else. Stuff seems to be of good quality as well.

http://motornoggin.smugmug.com/