Old 10-21-2004, 10:00 AM

Trying to take the headlight switch out of a 63 Tempest. Can't seem to get the knob off. I don't see an allen screw anywhere. Can someone give me an idea how this comes off? It almost looks like its press fit. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:00 AM

Trying to take the headlight switch out of a 63 Tempest. Can't seem to get the knob off. I don't see an allen screw anywhere. Can someone give me an idea how this comes off? It almost looks like its press fit. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Senior Chief

I believe there is a button you push at the back of the switch that releases the shaft

Old 10-21-2004, 12:36 PM

I had trouble getting mine out too. If you look on the bottom of the switch, you'll see a small metal push button. Just push it in and hold it as you pull out on the knob. It should come right out.

Tom

Old 10-26-2004, 08:24 AM

Thanks guys for your help. It came right out. My next question revolves around the door glass on a 4-door car. How do you get the glass out of the tracks? We haven't tried yet but a quick look had us a bit puzzled considering the glass rides inside the door frame up top. This was easy on a hardtop car but this looks a little more involved. Again thanks for the help.

Old 10-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi, on the front doors you first remove the vent wing assembly, glass should come right out!