Old 04-06-2003, 05:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have a 1975 TA as well and have been racing it since 1989, it’s also gone through a lot of changes in that time! Started out as a 400 and two weeks after it was picked up from the Dealer my best friend had a power plant change to a 1969 Ram Air III, the car then went to Yale University where my friend Jay had continual 4-Speed problems, I went up there three times and installed transmissions in the car, he then moved to California and left the car at his parents house and that’s when I was given the car in 1979.
In the later part of 1988 I went with my next door neighbor to MIR to a Mid-Night Madness Race and have been hooked ever since the car ran 13.50’s on Firestone Firehawk SS but my bulbs had much to be desired. Then that engine expired and I build another 400 and bolted on the #48 heads different cam and carb combo and the car dipped into the 12’s, well that engine was short lived, and over the next year and a half I went through two more engine’s and said that was enough and that’s when I went to Tom Ellison owner of Ellison’s Engine service and had him build me a 455 that would get me into the 11’s and it did 11.70’s first pass and after some tweaking 11.48 and that’s with the DP-041 cam. Well three years went past and I had changed nothing so it was time for a pick me up. I went with a little bit bigger cam .510-.530 and Victor Intake and a 1050 changed a lot of suspension components and the converter as well and I finally got the TA into the 10’s after a few weeks of tuning it has run a best time of 10.87 at 125.
The following is a short run down of the vehicles specs:

· 455 + 60 Balanced & Blue Printed
· Ross Pistons
· Eagle Rods
· Lunati Hydraulic cam
· #48 Heads
· Harland Sharp Roller Rockers
· Victor Dominator Intake
· 1050 Dominator
· MSD Billet Distributor
· MSD 7AL-2 Ignition Box
· “Wayne Rogers” Turbo 400
· TCI 8” 4200 Stall Custom built Converter
· Cheetah Reverse Manual Valve Body
· GM 10 bolt w/Richmond 3.90 gears and Mark Williams Spool/ Moser Axle’s
· Cars weight w driver 3775

The car has been a lot of fun, and what’s a real bummer is this year is going to be pretty much of a bust for me as far as racing goes. We will see how things go for
Next year. I still plan on being at Norwalk, and possibly Maple Grove, and I will be making it to at least a few of the Outlaw Races at Mason Dixon this year!

You have on clean 75 there and the funny thing is that my 75 was the same color until I had it painted about 15 years ago to Classic Corvette White!!!!
Good luck racing this year and maybe I will see you at Norwalk this year.

Rodney

Outlaw Pontiac Racers Association
"For Those Who Live the Legend"

"WELCOME TO THE NO SPIN ZONE!"

Old 04-14-2003, 10:23 AM

I have a 75 400 / 4 speed. Blue with blue custom interior. It's about to go through a restoration. There was a 75 locally that was silver with blue interior and an automatic. I haven't seen it for some time now.

Old 04-25-2003, 03:12 PM

I would love to find just one 1975 like mine. Just ONE!!! I know some day someone will speak up and have one. Well, until then I guess I have the only one.Went to the track last weekend and the 75 ran just like she should. I clocked off a 13.845 at 100.25 MPH. That was pretty darn close to the last run I made at the Division Championships. My race season starts first weekend in May. I cant wait..... Take Care PhatDaddy and HighLands Racing

.2001 Pontiac National Champion
.1975 Silver Pontiac Trans Am
.400 C.I.Pure Pontiac Engine Built by Powersource Racing Engines Fox Lake Illinois
.Hooker Headers
.Flowtech Warlock Mufflers
.Autometer Gauges
.Richmond 3:90 Rear Gear
.Compettion Engineering Subframe Connectors
.Compettion Engineering Drag Shocks
.Hurst V-Matic Shifter
.TCI Street Fighter 3000 Stall Torque Converter
.MSD HEI 75,000 Volt Ignition
.Taylor Spiro Pro Spark Plug Wires
.Moroso Blue Anodized Valve Covers
.Holley 600cfm Carb
.Holley High Performance Fuel Pump
.Edelbrock Pontiac Performer Intake
.B.F. Goodrich Tires
.Stock Interior
.Best E/T 13.816 @ 100.02 MPH

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	from_the_air.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	10216  

.400 C.I.Pure Pontiac Engine Built by Powersource Racing Engines Fox Lake Illinois
Old 04-25-2003, 04:59 PM

Carolina Classic Pontiac club has 2 silver 455 4 spd t/as in there club.one black interior,one owner,other has red int.

Old 06-24-2003, 05:35 PM

Nice to see that there are more 75 TA's out there than just mine. I bought a tore down,numbers matching, 400/4-speed bucaneer red/white inter ior for $600.
It is about complete less engine which is at the machine shop now.
Some nice stuff.

Greg Beede

Old 07-01-2003, 09:23 PM

Hi 75'TA owners, glad to see this much info on the 75'Trans Am. I do have a 75' Trans Am that one of the members has been searching for.
A Stearling Silver TA with Blue Vinal inerior and Automatic Transmission with a 400 cin Pontiac Engine, with only 20,000 originale miles.
I organized the First Trans Am club in Texas in 1976 with a group of TA owners, that with time spread across Texas.
My TA has been shown in ISCA Car Shows over the past 20 years, with constant 1st and 2 nd place finishes.
Complete undercarrige is detailed to factory spec, including brown primer on pan of vehicle.
My 75'Trans Am is featured on MUSCLE CARDS II
With A Picture Of IT on Card # 168.
TA is Completly stock including the originale factory disc pads and rear brake shoes, exahust, tires have been changed.
TA is shown in Production Restored Class at ISCA Shows.
Not much at the track as far as times is concerned, but happy to see all the other TA's at the DRagStrips, cars look fantistic, and Its great to see all the pictures of the silver Trans Am at the dragstrip, job well done the person responsible of starting this great page on 75 Trans Am. Cogratulations to all of you who have contributed to this site.

Old 07-01-2003, 09:31 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6755
click above to view Muscle Cards II for 75 Trans Am 's

Old 07-02-2003, 07:45 AM
Senior Chief

If anyone is interested, I spotted 2 for sale locally, but I've never seen either of them on the road. In fact, I dont know when I've seen a 75 TA in person. Check out http://www.thriftynickelads.com/. You have to go to the Colorado Springs section to find the ads. And no, I dont know who owns them, nor do I have any stake in their sale, but I'd be glad to check them out if anyone's interested.

67 LeMans vert w/462
68 GTO bone stock
76 455 4speed T/A

Old 07-02-2003, 09:28 AM

HAD THE WRONG SMILEY FACE ON ABOVE EMAIL

Old 07-02-2003, 05:12 PM

Got my 75 this weekend. 400/4sp, body and glass perfect. The interior sucks. It has a 73 400,cam,headers, has had the butt gears changed but I havn't opened it up to see what ratio. The guy bought it 2 years ago and it has sat ever since. He didn't have a clue.

later, mike

Old 07-07-2003, 09:01 PM

AATRO442, I have you card! Nice poncho - welcome to PY.

Thanks PERFORMANCE YEARS PONTIAC for your contributions to our race series! www.outlawpontiacs.com

Old 07-07-2003, 09:07 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr-Bratt:
ATT: Pontiaddict
eric are you going to norwalk this year as well? In on the rental on thurs? just wondering as my plans are a bit unsure as of now (I am going) just where I'm staying part, maybe I can hook up and pit by you again and spend some time with you and The Guys this year...LOL...anyway send me an email and let me know, Thanks, Jim

Speed up, Move over or get off the road! http://www.members.aol.com/dodgehunter00/4mula75 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim,

Sorry for the belated response, I haven't been on PY much lately and I just noticed your message. I will be at Norwalk this year, hopefully with my T/A. I've been trying to pin down some engine issues and I hope I don't have to tear anything down. I will not be running the track rental, however, I will be at Indian Adventures T&T on Friday. I'll be staying at the track all weekend so we'll definately have to hook up for some brews and maybe a little grillin' action.

Thanks PERFORMANCE YEARS PONTIAC for your contributions to our race series! www.outlawpontiacs.com

Old 07-09-2003, 07:15 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pontiaddict:
AATRO442, I have you card! Nice poncho - welcome to PY.

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...5664_plate.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 07-09-2003, 07:25 AM

Hi Pontiaddict, Thanks for the welcome and its neat to hear you have a card with my my car on it.
The picture was taken by Jerry Heasley with Pontiac High Peformance Magazine at a rans am shootout.
Like all the pictures and stories on your 75',
keep up the good work, will be in touch with you later, keep those tires smoking!!

Old 07-26-2003, 06:34 AM

Hi all, I just found this forum and I must say I am impressed. I also have a 75 Trans Am. Mine is a 400 4-spd, silver with a red interior. When I got out of high school I also had a 75 T/A. It was just like the one I have now only it was an automatic. When I found my current one it was just like going back in time. You never forget your first.(he,he)

Old 07-26-2003, 02:35 PM

Hello to you all!!! I know its been awhile since Ive posted anything here but man what a year so far. To start off with Ive been racing in the Summit Super Series since May and all I can say is wow. Ive been the points leader the whole year so far. The OITSA75 Pontiac Trans Am is running great. I retimed her and now shes running 13.70 @ 101.25 MPH all day long. I cant believe how well she runs the number this year. Oh dont forget that the driver is also having a great year at the lights. Ive been averaging .525 lights so far. My daughter "Baby Bee" has been helping me out every race and that has been very helpful too. I raced in the Arnie's 50th at Great Lakes Dragaway at Union Grove Wis and had a blast. What a weekend. What was the highlight? I dont know what the highlight was because so many great things happen. I was picked to race Jim Wagners GEETO Tiger and beat him. Yes that felt good. Then Arnie and I had a nice long talk and he came over and signed my Trans AM'S dash board. SOOOO cool. Then I raced in the quick 16 being at the bottom of the list and Did some rounds.Lots of fun. Then if all that wasnt enough "Baby Bee" gave birth on July 10 2003 to my Twin Grandsons. Samuel Douglas and Patrick Lee are doing great and growing fast. "Baby Bee" will be back in the pits next weekend helping me in the Summit Super Series Race. Now I want to know with only two weeks away who is going to Norwalk??? Let me know I would love to meet some of you guys. You can find me pited by the gas pumps. I have the only 75 Silver Trans Am.....Ill be checking here before I leave and I hope I meet some of you Take Care PhatDaddy and Highlands Racing Im also a new member of the Pontiac Outlaws. Larry Cooper was pited next to me at the Arnie 50th very nice man......Pontiacs Rule

.2001 Pontiac National Champion
.Hooker Headers
.Flowtech Warlock Mufflers
.Autometer Gauges
.Richmond 3:90 Rear Gear
.Compettion Engineering Subframe Connectors
.Compettion Engineering Drag Shocks
.Hurst V-Matic Shifter
.TCI Street Fighter 3000 Stall Torque Converter
.MSD HEI 75,000 Volt Ignition
.Taylor Spiro Pro Spark Plug Wires
.Moroso Blue Anodized Valve Covers
.Holley 600cfm Carb
.Holley High Performance Fuel Pump
.Edelbrock Pontiac Performer Intake
.B.F. Goodrich Tires
.Stock Interior
.Best E/T 13.816 @ 100.02 MPH

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	My_TA.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	22123  

Old 07-28-2003, 09:38 PM

Sounds like a busy year. Any chance you'll be heading to Norwalk?

Old 08-05-2003, 04:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

AATRO442:

Hey Alfio, remember me?

Lloyd Coulson, also of the defunct GCTAC. I had the Bucaneer Red '75 Trans Am with the SD455 "transplant". Long time no see!

If I remember correctly, Jerry took the pics of my car at the same GCTAC spring drags that he took the pics of your car. Mine appeared in the October '87 issue of HPP.

I got out of the hobby for twelve years - business, marriage, family, etc. It's good to be back! My current car is a '72 Formula 455 (see sig below). I just participated in the Pontiac Southern Nationals in Dallas in June, and was invited to stay over for the HPP shootout on the following Monday. My Formula should be in the November or December issue.

BTW, do you know Danny (aka Goathead on this board)? He's in Galveston also, and owns an awesome Iris Mist '65 GTO.

Give me a shout sometime. Still own my shop in Bellaire.

Talk later,
Lloyd

'72 Formula 455 - TH400, 3.08 posi, A/C, Y99 suspension, tach & gauges, AM-FM stereo, 8-track, Formula steering wheel, etc.; Lucerne Blue with Medium Blue deluxe Interior; 12.96 @ 104 MPH @ the '03 PSN's

Soon I'll starting a body-off restoration on a 72 GTO 455HO, TH400, A/C, etc.; Sundance Orange with Ivory buckets

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 08-21-2003, 07:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dragracer56,
Keep on kicking butt, your doing great!

My 75 was Silver with a Red Interior, but I changed it to white>>>>>>>

Rodney

Outlaw Pontiac Racers Association
"For Those Who Live the Legend"

"WELCOME TO THE NO SPIN ZONE!"

Old 08-21-2003, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here are a couple of pics from WAY back. '75 T/A, 455HO at this time, then a 455SD later. Originally a 185HP 400, auto, A/C car.

I'll post some more when I get 'em transferred to a CD.

Lloyd

'72 Formula 455 - TH400, 3.08 posi, A/C, Y99 suspension, tach & gauges, AM-FM stereo, 8-track, Formula steering wheel, etc.; Lucerne Blue with Medium Blue deluxe Interior; 12.96 @ 104 MPH @ the '03 PSN's

Soon I'll starting a body-off restoration on a 72 GTO 455HO, TH400, A/C, etc.; Sundance Orange with Ivory buckets
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	'75_TA_HO_1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	13439  

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98