Old 06-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It's been to darn HOT to do anything right now!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Back at it!

Went back to work on the Ta after several weeks of doing nothing. Removed all the glue around the rear window channel and cleaned it up with a wire brush. It felt good getting back to working on it.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:54 PM

this thread is amazing keep up the good work you motivate me!

Old 07-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyblu71ta View Post
this thread is amazing keep up the good work you motivate me!
Thanks, I had to get re-motivated myself!

Old 08-02-2009, 04:47 AM
Senior Chief

Bub, I haven't been over to PY in awhile. I built a house this past year and have all but stepped out of The Trans Am circle of life for awhile. Glad I didn't miss anything major since last post, but I admit I thought I was going to see a shiny admirality Blue T/A ready for The Nationals. I guess its been too hot and you probably been having too much fun in that Challenger.

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 08-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74TransAm View Post
Bub, I haven't been over to PY in awhile. I built a house this past year and have all but stepped out of The Trans Am circle of life for awhile. Glad I didn't miss anything major since last post, but I admit I thought I was going to see a shiny admirality Blue T/A ready for The Nationals. I guess its been too hot and you probably been having too much fun in that Challenger.

Mark, I did too! Between the hot temps and the lack of support from friends that committed to help me its tough to get motivated by yourself. Just of late my son a couple friends have pitched in and things are starting to move along. We started the rest of the body work and reworked somethings that I wasn't happy with. I really need to shoot some high build primer on it and see where I stand after we block it down. So , hopefully in the coming weeks I'll have that done. I did put in vacation for the TA Nationals and still may go. We'll just play it by ear.

Hope you can get started on your TA now that your house is complete. Maybe I'll see you at the Nationals if you attend.

Oh, by the way, the Challenger has been a ton of fun! I have only put about 3900 miles on it since I've had it (10 months) now but, when I do take it out it does turn heads.

Bub

Old 08-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Senior Chief

I have my vacation and reservations for The National's still, but not sure I am going. My daughters birthday is that weekend since they moved the show back a week and the guy I usually go with is getting married in Clearwater Florida the weekend after the show, so I gotta go to that too, so it's not looking good. Maybe next year I hope.

I hope to get things organized and unpacked and get my shop built for the 74. I have some projects planned for the 78 in the meantime. I hope to be pulling the motor and transmission and have the front nose and all the spoilers redone be Keystone, pull the sub, rebuild all the front suspension. detail and repaint the motor, Have new A/C installed. Add some RAR exhaust manifolds and new exhaust system. fix a sagging driver door and I am thinking about converting it to a Tremec 5 speed from the factory auto. So anyway, that will keep me busy for at least a year. Meanwhile the 74 is stored out of the weather and covered and all the parts are boxed and stored at my house. It's all good.

I will look forward to seeing the progress on your 74 and will try to get over here to PY more often.

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 08-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default More progress

Spent about 6 hours on the car Tuesday reshaping some things that just bothered me. The pass partial quarter that we welded in needed some cosmetic shaping. We added a thin coat of filler to shape the contour better. Then after looking at the door we noticed that it had some waviness to it so we skimmed it with some filler and smoothed it out. The top of the fender also had a dent in it so we hammered it out and shaped it with a touch of filler. I still have to sand some more of the filler off the door to complete it.

Bub
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qrtrepairpass.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	177690   Click image for larger version

Name:	doorwrinkles1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	177692   Click image for larger version

Name:	doorwrinkles.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	177693   Click image for larger version

Name:	topfender.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	177694  

Old 09-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default The end of the 2 1/2 year restoration

As alot of you know my garage burned to the ground with the 74 Trans Am i was restoring for the past 2 1/2 years in it. Well it was towed off this week and I guess I can can close this chapter on my restoration. Thanks to all the forum members that helped me out with the restoration. It was a good experience for me. I hope to find a good running driver 74 white 455 that I can enjoy. Thanks again to all.

Bub
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	74tow1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	180872   Click image for larger version

Name:	74tow3.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	180873   Click image for larger version

Name:	74tow2.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	180874  

Old 09-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bub, I'm about as shocked as I have ever been reading a car forum...I'm horrified.
Sorry Buddy. I know how much work you put into that car.
Hopefully, you'll find just what you're looking for.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Bub, I'm about as shocked as I have ever been reading a car forum...I'm horrified.
Sorry Buddy. I know how much work you put into that car.
Hopefully, you'll find just what you're looking for.
Thanks Greg, I appreciate the comments. I did locate a 74 White 455 numbers matching rust free California car that would need a complete interior, paint job and a good engine detailing. The asking price I think is way out of line $11900.00 for a car that needs all the above. I am going to see if we can come up with a reasonable offer that they'll accept. Stay tuned.

Bub

Old 09-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bub, my heart goes out to you man, I've enjoyed watching your progress posts for some time now. I'm 2 1/2 years into mine and can only imagine what your going thru, glad all your family was ok and hope your insurance company gave you a reasonable settlement. Here is a link to a car in NE Oklahoma that might be interesting: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/1354146056.html

Old 09-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAmRIP View Post
Thanks Greg, I appreciate the comments. I did locate a 74 White 455 numbers matching rust free California car that would need a complete interior, paint job and a good engine detailing. The asking price I think is way out of line $11900.00 for a car that needs all the above. I am going to see if we can come up with a reasonable offer that they'll accept. Stay tuned.

Bub
Yeah, that sounds a bit high to me...Especially in this market. I think I'd let him sit on that for a while. It's not going anywhere at that price.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksGTO View Post
Bub, my heart goes out to you man, I've enjoyed watching your progress posts for some time now. I'm 2 1/2 years into mine and can only imagine what your going thru, glad all your family was ok and hope your insurance company gave you a reasonable settlement. Here is a link to a car in NE Oklahoma that might be interesting: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/1354146056.html
Thanks Rick for the info on the car. I spoke to the guy this morning and he's sending me pictures. I was trying to stay away from a total rebuild again and wanted to find a driver/ But willl see if i can find the right one. He does have a White one also.
Thanks for your thoughts also,
Bub

Old 09-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Yeah, that sounds a bit high to me...Especially in this market. I think I'd let him sit on that for a while. It's not going anywhere at that price.

Yeah Greg, I sent him a low ball offer just to see where he stands on the car.

Let you know,

Bub

Old 09-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bub...forgive me but I can't remember at the moment....but has your user name always been TransAmRIP?
I seem to recall that it has always been so....and if so, how prophetic !

Old 09-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Senior Chief

Bub.....I sent you a PM about an available White 74 Trans Am, no it's not mine, but I think it may interest you if it is still available.

Mark

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74TransAm View Post
Bub.....I sent you a PM about an available White 74 Trans Am, no it's not mine, but I think it may interest you if it is still available.

Mark
Thanks Mark, will check it out.

Bub

Old 10-17-2016, 10:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

After the demise of the fire torn 74 ta I started another project build on a 75 TA 400 4spd.

See the progress here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=790510