Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 11:49 PM
Senior Chief

May a carsick mongoose change the color of your seats.

A: Ben Gay.
B: Why didn't Mrs. Franklin have any kids?

and my favorite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=263eG7HfwBM

Old 02-23-2016, 12:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thews View Post
Are you literally begging for someone to agree with your opinion? Do you need attention that much? What part of actual data do you fail to comprehend? Your opinion is just that and it's not indicative of market value. I don't give a rat's ass about your wife or your opinion, as it's just a way to fill a need where someone agrees with you so you can feel right. You are categorically wrong and that's a fact.
I have never asked anyone to agree with my opinion. every one has one and I have no problem with what anyone thinks. the original poster of this thread asked for opinions. I gave mine and you got so ate up with wanting to prove my opinion wrong you have made a fool of yourself.
I gave you actual data. are you now saying the auction results are wrong. again data shouldn't have anything to do with this discussion because it was all based on future values.
but I must be wrong because you said so.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thews View Post
You high-fivers ruin this site. One claims an opinion and the high-fivers jump in to agree... who cares? If you want to keep regurgitating your opinion based on outliers it doesn't dictate and honest argument, but rather an opinion.

The bottom line is what you can buy at what price right now. The SD cars have fallen in recent years just like the 69-70 Judges have. What used to cost $90K now will bring $60K, but it's still $60K.

With the higher production 77 and 78 T/A's, there's a following. They made over 200,000 79 Firebirds and the survivor cars don't bring that much. I sold a 79 T/A last year for $3500. It was a gold/tan 403 Olds car that ran without any rust. It's a longer story that isn't interesting enough to repeat, but the guy I sold it to did me a solid. I might have got $4K to $5K on eBay, but that's about it.

If you wanna keep agreeing with you pal's opinion, go ahead, it's just an opinion and is probably fueled by his car. A 73 SD is cool for very different reasons than a 79 Daytona and what you can get on eBay for $23K will dictate value.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-23-2016, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentwheelbob View Post
Man, here is a nice looking, clean 1977 W72 M21 no A/C in Bend, OR for less than $17K. Not an SE, but I have always liked Brentwood Brown. Car is also on eBay.

http://www.justusedcars.net/1977_Pon...Am_1911681.veh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Tran...m=311546073752

HERE'S MINE BOB. WHITE INTERIOR BUT WITH BLACK CARPET, CONSOLE AND DASH - 11R CODE , BRENTWOOD BRWN EXTERIOR, W72 4 SPD. NO A/C - NOT EVEN A HOOD BIRD. BUZZ WINDOWS AND A STEREO THOUGH

Old 02-25-2016, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

These are growing on me...

Old 02-25-2016, 12:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm a little late to the party but the values really depend on whether they're numbers matching or not lol

Old 02-26-2016, 12:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
These are growing on me...

yea there is nothing like a good T & A

Old 02-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Senior Chief

You know, after thinking about it objectively, my favourite 2nd gen is a black 78 TA SE 4 speed car with T Tops. I always drove 70-75's because they were cheaper at the time so I have the nostalgia thing for those years.

I remember when the early second gens were rising in value and eclipsing the first gens in price. Now it's the later second gen's turn.

If I had never owned a Trans Am and was buying one today, it would be the 78 TA hands down.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
I have never asked anyone to agree with my opinion. every one has one and I have no problem with what anyone thinks. the original poster of this thread asked for opinions. I gave mine and you got so ate up with wanting to prove my opinion wrong you have made a fool of yourself.
I gave you actual data. are you now saying the auction results are wrong. again data shouldn't have anything to do with this discussion because it was all based on future values.
but I must be wrong because you said so.
You have nary a clue what an outlier is. If you did, it would be obvious.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:25 PM
Senior Chief

Do you really think car values do not rise and fall with the age of the prospective market?

1979 W72 Fire Am
1976 Fire Am
Old 02-27-2016, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamn69 View Post
Do you really think car values do not rise and fall with the age of the prospective market?
This is a simple function of supply and demand. A 73-74 SD car was a monster made in limited supply. A 75-81 T/A SE was not a fast car, though some were made in limited numbers. If I found a 80 T/A that supposedly sold for $100K, that doesn't mean all 80 T/A's are worth $100K. Bottom line is the value of the older cars is decreasing, which is the topic of this thread. If you wish to argue the value of a 75-81 SE will eclipse a 73-74SD, then show me some data... not one or two outliers, because that isn't representative of the market, but a comparison. I showed you all the eBay numbers which has a case for both arguments.

I look at these cars all the time on eBay. What you can get when the seller needs to sell is far less than the auctions, which I believe are seeded and don't represent actual value. Why would anyone pay $50K for a car they can buy for $25K off eBay?

Old 02-27-2016, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

how many high dollar Pontiacs have you bought and sold thews?

Old 02-27-2016, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I own two 69 350HO convertibles Mr. Asshat. I have owned and driven many of these cars through the years, having owned a 1970 455 4-Speed GTO when I was 16. Do you have a point to make? If you do, please publish data so I can shred it into 1000 pieces regarding the value of 73-74SD values vs. a 74 and higher (any T/A here in production). I dare you ... show me the money.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

once again you are arguing about something that was never asked. with your vast collection of rare cars there buddy I can see you are the expert in this field. especially with you owning that super collectable 403 powered ta.
again you like a little kid and a typical person who is frustrated and lost control have had to resort to calling names.
I also like how it took you a few days to come up with a couple of words you thought nobody would know the meaning of.
at first I conversed back with you thinking you might actually see what the original poster was asking for, but it is obvious you are not going to grasp that.
everyone else seems to get it.
you should be very embarrassed. I cant tell you how many people have called and texted me laughing at you about this.
I am done dealing with you. its just a waste of my time and everyone elses on this forum. I apologize to the original poster for this getting out of control. you had a good question and it would have been nice to see everyones opinion that you asked for.

The Following User Says Thank You to muscle_collector For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2016, 12:14 AM

Are we done yet?

Yep.

Closed Thread