Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default FiTech Procal software install

I finally got this installed. I had left it as a zero bin project since last November, but 1980 TA's thread in the Street section got me started on it again.

I am running the Go EFI 600, and the Go Street 600. Neither is a "Power Adder" version, so they don't come with the Procal software loaded on the handheld. I wanted the software for graphical data analysis.

Big thanks to JLMounce for steering me to the right resources!

The first time I tried it, I got the software file from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dn6nq0des...7fcvYroPa?dl=0

It got to a 99% install status, but quit without finishing the setup.

This time around, I went to the FiTech FB users group. I had to become a member, even tho I don't care much for FB. Bite the bullet, right?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1138...8395778560853/

The file links above appear to have the same contents, so either should probably work.

From either source above, download the RAR file, and extract it to a folder location of your choice. You might even extract it to your desktop, and that might save you an extra step later. See pics below.

For Windows 8/10: there is a K-line driver functionality issue at play. There is a two step solution. Try this link:
https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how...igned-drivers/

For me, I could not go into "test mode signon" from the command prompt because my secure boot was enabled. The howtogeek link discusses a couple different ways to do it, but in general terms I had to disable secure boot in the bios, and then I was able to do the "bcdedit /set testsigning on" from the command prompt. After that, I was in "Test Mode", as seen in the pic attached below. Test mode apparently allows K-line driver install because it is an unsigned driver that Windows tries to protect you from.

Now... If you extracted the RAR file to your desktop, you might not have to do the next step - I don't know. Me? I had extracted the RAR file to a special FiTech docs folder I had created a while back. While reading on the FB user group, I saw that a user had dragged the extracted folder to the desktop, and then ran the SETUP.exe file as an admin. I followed the advice, and dragged my "FiTech PC Software" folder to the desktop. This made all the difference. The setup program did NOT like trying to launch from my special made location, but had no problem running the setup app from the desktop location once I dragged the folder over. Just remember to right click the setup.exe, and run as admin.

Here's a reference link to where the mystery started to unravel for me...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1138...c_location=ufi

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winexp folder.JPG
Views:	643
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	508405   Click image for larger version

Name:	winexp drill down to setup.JPG
Views:	686
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	508406   Click image for larger version

Name:	test mode.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	508407   Click image for larger version

Name:	procal example.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	508408  

Old 03-20-2019, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Hah, that group is literally the only reason I still us FB, but there's a wealth of information there.

I'd like to eventually get this running on a small windows tablet to add directly to the car. That's a project for later on though!

Old 03-20-2019, 10:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
Hah, that group is literally the only reason I still us FB, but there's a wealth of information there.

I'd like to eventually get this running on a small windows tablet to add directly to the car. That's a project for later on though!
Another thing I saw on the FB page was about cam selection in setup. Apparently you can adjust cam selection to get your fuel trim close to zero as possible, like changing a "3" to a "2", or vice versa.

I hate the FB format, but there is a lot of good info there i am now discovering.