Old 04-01-2008, 10:05 AM

Default slimy yellow gunk

well, i started up the bonney today, after sitting for a month or so. Changed the oil, and filter. Checked the rad, it was full and nice green. To my surprise, after driving around for the weekend, i now find yellow gunk under the oil filter caps, thinking i had blown a head gasket. I checked the dipstick it is not showing water in the oil, my rad is not down on water. Motor is running, fine no missing or starting issues. Some one says it is common for condensation to cause this, but i never heard of it before. I drained the oil to inspect and shows no sign of water in oil. Is it just condensation and if so how to vent the water out of the block?

Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Suspended

condensation is an issue if the car sits in a humid and cold envirionment then is started and run for only short periods of time. Its better not to run it at all or take it out and run it up good and hard for about 1-2 hours to really get it warmed up. 20-30 minuts of idle or slow speed cruising will do much harm. especially on those mid and early 60's and back cars. Take it on a beer run to Seattle...in the left lane.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:59 AM

thanks for the tip, i took it out for a burn down the highway for a couple of hours, its kinda of tough to keep the humidity down as it been a wet winter here on the island. thinking of trading in the tires for pontoons and have a real land yaht!

Joe

Old 04-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Suspended

A GALY: Great American Land Yaht