Old 09-08-2006, 08:16 PM

Question ?

years back i used to own a t-37 not sure of year 70-71 anyway i was wondering if any of you guru could help.the car i USED to was t-37,factory 4sp,3deuce set up,bench seat,factory hood tack,blue body,silver top,411rears.my?is was there ever a car built this way.i purchased this car from guy that was in airforce for 1500.00.long story short it was stolen didnt even have it maybe 4months,talk about being pissed!but where there any built similar to what i use to own.i know the 3 deuce didnt come from factory because i put that on after a mild rebuild on the 400.any info would be appreciated.wg

Old 09-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome to PY. Have spent a ton of time with Pontiac buddies in TX & never have heard or ran across a blue/silver 2 door T-37. Yes, factory two tone paint A-bodys were built. Have had several, & ran across quite a few over the years in yards & at big shows. Just cut up a fairly solid '70 LeMans that was factory cream colored with black painted top. Also had a '71 LeMans 2 door that was factory two tone & had red/black D98 stripes. Buckets were not avail in a '70 or '71 T-37, so the bench seat jives with what it ought to have.

The choice of 4.11 gears is very odd. Maybe someone set-up an early set of aftermarket gears in the 8.2 rear. Believe 4.11 was an old aftermarket Richmond ratio, just like 4.88's & 5.57's. Otherwise could have had 3.90's or even 3.55's. Either will buzz pretty good on the highway. Hood tachs were factory option & many were bought over the counter & home installed.

Can you remember if car have 400 emblems on the bottom of the fenders, round handle or flat handle shifter?

Old 09-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OPH and Wideglide,

400 4bbl could be had with performance gears. I believe 4.33's were available. I know 3.90's were but not w/either 455. Not home so can't look at my information.

Wideglide, Welcome!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2006, 11:18 AM

cant really remember all the details about the car,all i know it was a strong runner back in the day,it was the fastest car within a 200mi radious.it had the hurst 4sp t-10 rockcrusher close ratio trans.it was odd it had a bench seat which i liked, girlfriends didnt really like it that much cuz i always caught them on the boobs while shifting,they always thought i done it on purpose.
the car ran extremely well mid 11s in the qtr.lets say at a 30mph tromp on gas in 3rd the rear would break loose.i think to this day it was the fastest car iever had.i know it would tear ass in my 71ss auto,found that car just sitting in a field.black fella had it just sitting in the field with grass all around it,the only reason why i turnsd around to look at it was the hump in hood other wise i wouldnt have turned around.i do know who stole it and never got the car back from that SOB.of all people to steal it,it was one of my sisters boyfriends from rosenberg tx kennith whitmire.man i wish i could that car as its been on my mind for all these yrs.the t-37 was a shark grey body deep blue top not vinyl.the hood was factory and the tack just like on the gto.there were no 400 or 350 badges on it just t-37.the 4sd was factory because there was no evidense of a butcherd up floor.i know its wishful thinking about ever finding that car in one piece.the guy was scum,doper and whatever you call him.oh,i think the speedo went to 140 or 160 not to sure its been quite awhile now but im more inclined to say 140mph.jay