Old 02-24-2006, 06:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default K&N air filters

Just leased an 2006 G6 GT for 36 months. Anybody have an opinion if a K&N air filter would pay for itself over the 3 years in gas savings & not having to replace paper filters?

Old 02-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

In my opinion its worth every cent.I have one in every car I own.I get better mileage and more power.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ditto. I have heard a lot of trash talk about K&Ns lately, but I have never seen or heard of an actual problem with them and everythings always been clean inside after using them for extended time periods. Also considering you mentioned the car is a lease job, I'll add that when my wife leased her 2000 Explorer we put in a K&N and saved the original paper filter. Then when we turned the car back in, I reinstalled the original paper element and kept the K&N.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

When you purchase the K&N filter make sure you buy the cleaning kit.The kit cost extra but it worth it.I clean my filters in my cars every 6mo.

Old 02-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Judge Man, Any idea how much more mileage you get? I've got a K&N in my 72 Lemans but it gets such horrible millage I don't really notice much difference.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My everyday driver is a 97 Ply. Breeze with a 4cyl.I've gotten an extra 1-2 miles per gallon.You might not notice it as much in a car with a V8 in it.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Old Blue, what trash talk, I haven't heard?