The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 11-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Senior Chief

Corn goat, what your looking at is the cage nut that is inside the support, so when its welded to the floor pan, you won't see that cage nut, its hidden.

Then the rubber body mount goes in between the bottom of the support and the frame, and a bolt goes up through the frame through the rubber body mount and into the cage nut, hope I answered your question okay.

Rob

Jigs, sandblasting, shop, paintroom, rotisserie, pictures, little bit of everything.
http://www.1969supersport.com
Old 11-03-2007, 01:36 PM

I realize i am looking at the cage nut,but the problem is the bushing does not have a hex headed bolt that extends upward from the bottom like the other body mounts .it looks like an elevater bolt{flat washer w/ a threaded portion on one side}w/circular rubber washer w/o a hole molded together.?I am wondering what is the best way to get it out and the n ultimately how do i get it tight?the cage bolts i have encountered have all snapped but the broken bolts have come out easily with the torch and are ready for re use.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Senior Chief

Could you take a picture, or find a picture on the internet and copy and paste it on here, I'm not really sure what you have.

Rob

Jigs, sandblasting, shop, paintroom, rotisserie, pictures, little bit of everything.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:18 PM

Sorry Rub ,I got the gm ?fischer body manual out and found out it was only a bushing ?w/o a bolt.I promptly went out to the garage and undid the 2 body?trunk mounts bolts ,leaving the 2 by the back bumper intact .I put 2 jack stands tightly under the rear 2 bolts an crossmember.then i was able to rase the firewall 4 inches after disconnecting the clutch linkage etc(front is already off) allowing me enough clearance to repair wherethe inner rocker and inner side cowl area has rust!Thanks your site is always an inspiration to me!

Old 11-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up

Corn Goat, glad you got it all worked out, sounds like your good to go.

Rob

Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Senior Chief

Floorpan update, check the whats new page on my website. Its kind of short tonight. But I needed to add some shifter hump measurements to my site, so rather then have the bride set up for just the shift hump section, she did both of them at the same time.

I know the overkill, but this gap was bothering me because the other supports didn't have it. I guess the good thing about it is, it took very little heat, although it looks like a lot, to pound that down. It took longer to wheel the torches over then it did to heat it and pound them down, one support, four gaps, anyway, I just wanted to explain.

Rob