Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 PM

Default Emerald Coast Cruzin

http://www.emeraldcoastcruizin.com/home.html

Old 11-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Emerald Coast Cruizin

I went to the Cruisin The Coast event along the Miss. coast last year, so decided to try this event in Panama City Beach this year. Couldn't make the whole week, so drove down on Wed and returned on Sunday. Weather on Thurs was the pits(cool, cloudy, and it rained for about 45 minutes. Main cruise venue was a very nice park with a large open grassy area. After the rain, a number of folks decided to leave. Since there was only one way in and out of the park, the grass along the exit route soon turned to a muddy mush. Friday was better, although windy. That combined with more sunshine at least dried out the mush pretty weil. Saturday was very nice and the turn out at the park was large. There were quite a few vendors and good food was available. Even so, this event seemed sort of one dimensional to me. There were some daily events scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday that I didn't get to participate in, but this event seemed to pretty much boil down to a daily gathering at Bassant park. I never saw many cars just cruising around on Front Beach road either during the day or at night. Anyway, it just seemed like a local cruise(although large) that went on (for me) 3 days in a row. This event seemed modeled after the Miss event, but just didn't have the same feel, since most everything happened at the same place as opposed to happening at several towns/ venues along the coastal highway. I doubt if I will be going back.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:25 PM

Damn Terry,Don't talk it down, I know it is not as nice as shows in the Atlanta area,But it is the best we got , I agree with you,But I hope people will still come, Maybe in time they can fix things one at a time... How many cars do you estimate on Saturday ???

Old 11-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Emerald Coast Cruizin

Well, it's all very subjective when it comes to what folks like, including car shows. I saw lots of people enjoying them selves at this event, and I thought Saturday was a good day. Not sure how many cars were in the park that day, but 1500-2000 would not surprise me. I just liked the format at Crusin The Coast better. I appreciate the fact that the promoter put a lot of effort into putting on this event. Just offering my 2 cents.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:27 AM

I do agree with you.. I guess I am hoping to see totally positive from it, This area is sooo starved for anything for car people, I know it would have been nice if he had done more to attract / promote the swap meet area, As I walked around I listened to what people were discussing, Please come back and bring a Friend ,