Old 08-06-2020, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Eveland View Post
So this "magic " cam is not the one you're selling?
If you look closely at the pictures of that "new" cam being sold you will see roller tracking marks that happen when a cam is ran.... Fwiw

But I doubt it's "magic"

Old 08-06-2020, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
What would a cam like that look like?
About a foot and a half long and have a bunch of egg shaped lobes and five round ones.

EHTTFMF!!!

Old 08-06-2020, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was trying to sound sarcastic lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
If you look closely at the pictures of that "new" cam being sold you will see roller tracking marks that happen when a cam is ran.... Fwiw

But I doubt it's "magic"

6.27@107
9.97@131
Old 08-06-2020, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So this "magic " cam is not the one you're selling?
The cam I am selling will need to be spun well over 7K.
Nothing "magic" about any cam. Just learn about them and once you do its all about cam timing. Opening and closing events are everything.

Old 08-07-2020, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
He had a nice long reply when i quoted slowbird about a comment, but cam specs must be top shelf secret squirel zone
Yup tons to say! He is "in the know" when it comes to Big Power! Just confused by the basics.

Old 08-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
A lot of people have tried to get the specs on this cam. If I gave it up I would be letting down the guy who gave the spec sheet to me.
You could call Scott brown and he would hook you up. What you are after is something not unlike the cam BADDTAs son Jake had, it was sold here.
I know a guy at Bullet that could get you what you want also.
Do you mind giving your static CR, fuel and a flow sheet for you heads. What carb. Any intake port work done ?
Jake's cam will go pass 7000rpm so that's not the cam he needs (unless he has small heads and rpm intake, then it'd might work)

Old 08-07-2020, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know a guy who knows a guy that has a similar heads and combo like mine , but i dont want to let guy down and give that info out. Im sure you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
A lot of people have tried to get the specs on this cam. If I gave it up I would be letting down the guy who gave the spec sheet to me.
You could call Scott brown and he would hook you up. What you are after is something not unlike the cam BADDTAs son Jake had, it was sold here.
I know a guy at Bullet that could get you what you want also.
Do you mind giving your static CR, fuel and a flow sheet for you heads. What carb. Any intake port work done ?

6.27@107
9.97@131
Old 08-07-2020, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The magic cam for a low revving motor is the one I have in my race car. It is a CC tight lash street SR with 0.016"/0.018" lash with a street intake lobe and I forget what the exhaust lobe is and it has a 110 degree LSA. I'll try to find the cam card and post it up. I shift at 6500 rpm with a 500 ci motor and go across the line at 6700 rpm. I use 240# seat pressure and it's about 700# over the nose. I am going to put it in my street car next summer and decrease the seat pressure to 200#. It's fairly small for a race cam but it powers my car to 10.01 at 3550 lb. Your results may vary.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG View Post
The magic cam for a low revving motor is the one I have in my race car. It is a CC tight lash street SR with 0.016"/0.018" lash with a street intake lobe and I forget what the exhaust lobe is and it has a 110 degree LSA. I'll try to find the cam card and post it up. I shift at 6500 rpm with a 500 ci motor and go across the line at 6700 rpm. I use 240# seat pressure and it's about 700# over the nose. I am going to put it in my street car next summer and decrease the seat pressure to 200#. It's fairly small for a race cam but it powers my car to 10.01 at 3550 lb. Your results may vary.
Ya we've run some cams (similar to yours but not quite) that were all down by 6500ish and car ran very well for what it was. It just depends what goals are for Bill but first he needs to get things back together.

Last edited by slowbird; 08-08-2020 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Ya we've run some cams (similar to yours but not quite) that were all down by 6500ish and car ran very well for what it was. It just depends what goals are for Bill but first he needs to get things back together.
I agree, my goal was to get to 10.00 and I got there. I didn't want the extra stuff to go sub 10 seconds. I could have easily made more power with a different cam but chose not to. I was just offering an example of a low rev cam that might work in the OPs situation.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I deleted a number of posts and closed this thread. Please follow the rules provided by the owner of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
For those that don't remember......

Here is what you agreed to when you registered for the PY forums:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Political and Religious topics are also prohibited because they inevitably turn hateful and sometimes threatening.

The owners and moderators of PY Online Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or member for any reason."
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=494512

Closed Thread