Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Order Support Responses

Hi. I don't see to get timely responses when I email customer support. I placed an order for seat belt sleeves for Firethorn red and the ones you sent are not close to matching. Thank you.

Old 08-23-2018, 02:47 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Sorry for the delay the customer support email is monitored Mon-Friday 8-5 and handled in the order they come in and it sometimes takes us up to a day or so to handle all emails depending on the amount of emails and call volume for any given day. Calling us at 1-800-421-2637 will always be your fastest way to contact us if it is something that requires instant assistance. With that being said we have read your email and will be replying asap via email.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you. I guess when you say you are the experts on Pontiac and I email your tech support and tell them the exact color of my interior (Firethorn), I was expecting you to know which color red I should have for seat belt covers. You sent me the wrong one, now I am kind of frustrated at having to wait for a new part and pay return shipping.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:11 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Unfortunately as mentioned in the original email when you ordered those seat belt sleeves we do not have a color to match firethorn 100%. The color "flame red" that you ordered will be the closets match that we have available, You could dye them with VDZ45 dye which is mixed to match PUI's firethorn color. If a closer match is desired beyond that you may need to have dye mixed from your interior color. If the VDZ45 dye is route you decide on and you do not currently have PUI interior we could send you a free vinyl sample of the color so you could compare.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you.

Your agent set this expectation with me: The FA222VCFR is for flaming red and "matches the seats pretty well" as far as I can tell. The other option is our red which looks more like the console lid cover.

I hope this helps,

Ames Performance Team

It did not match pretty well. I mean not close.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:46 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

I apologize for the misunderstanding in the conversation between you two, If you would like to proceed with any of the options I have mentioned or options discussed via your emails with customer service just let us know via email or a phone call.