Old 02-25-2019, 07:10 PM
Senior Chief

Default Removing rocker moldings, 68 GP

On a 68 GP, how do you remove the rocker panel moldings? Do I have to remove the lower bolts under the rocker, or is it just the 3 or so screws that go along the molding?

Old 02-26-2019, 06:41 AM

One philips head screw in the front that. Holds it to the fender, then 4 or
5 5/16 inch head screws on the bottom side of the rocker panel ( facing to the ground) that facens the lower part of the molding clip to the rocker
Once they are out tilt the bottom of the molding up and pull out.. the upper part of the mouling clip sits in a hole

Old 03-12-2019, 05:49 PM
Senior Chief

I looked underneath and saw 2 small nuts holding what looks like 2 clips, 1 behind the door and 1 near the front. Do the clips/nuts have to come off to remove the rocker molding, or can I just unscrew the molding and lift up and off?

Old 03-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Senior Chief

One more question, will a rocker molding from another 68 fullsize, such as a 68 Impala, fit on the 68 GP?