Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchell View Post
Right.....but that’s one race, once a year...unfortunately, you’re not going to see that at back yard tracks around the country by any stretch ....not the ones I frequent these days, a few here and there but definitely dwindling.
I hear ya. I really only prefer to run our classic cars at events that are structured around the classics, not only to race against them, but to see them run as well and be around like minded people. I'm not interested in watching a sea of new Camaros and Mustangs racing, or even ricers for that matter and not interested in racing against them either. Just doesn't do anything for me. But to get these classic car counts up you need some diversity. And if one doesn't like other brands, then hang with your own kind in the pits :shrug:

It's why I don't do clubs these days. We have several brand cars here, I like them all, race them all, so joining a brand specific club and listening to a bunch of babbling fools talk about how they are superior over other brands is a waste of my time. Just enjoy the hobby for what it is

Old 09-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Suspended

When Steve started the Tri-Power Nats it was strictly Pontiac. Being that my chassis Fiero has a BBC, it was the only time me and Steve didn't see eye to eye and I have known Steve since about 1981. That has since changed. Arnie on the other hand will not leave me be. LOL

Old 09-18-2019, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't read through all this nonsense but the official word is that the host chapter, GR-RRR 8'R Wichita GTO and Pontiac Club, will be discussing the possibility of Drag Racing being held at the 2020 GTOAA Nationals. Stay tuned or keep BSing whatever gets your goat! ;-)