Old 08-29-2017, 10:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wink 1966 Pontiac Grande Parisienne 4 door side moldings

I am trying to add a personal touch to my 66 Star Chief 4 door hardtop.
My plans are to add 66 GP front grills, and replace the side moldings with the lower body line moldings of the Canadian 1966 Pontiac Grande Parisienne.
I like the look of the moldings of the 66 2+2, but since mine is a 4 door, I have to look north to accomplish my styling goals !
I already have a set of 66 GP front grills, and thanks to Steve Ames, I have brand new, clear lenses for the grill mounted parking lights !

Any ideas where to start my search ?
Anyone here on the PY forums have any they care to part with ?

I will keep the Star Chief "Stars" on the quarter panels.
Thanks , Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1966-Pontiac-Grande-Parisienne-med.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	462285   Click image for larger version

Name:	left side.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	462286  

Semper Fi
Old 05-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As a long-suffering slow progressing 2+2 owner... this is a cool idea.

As you noted, the Canadian Parisienne is the go-to for these parts. Be sure to take an "impression" of the skeg line with paper and crayon to locate the holes properly. Install may be a bit ticklish to get all the slots just right.

You can also look for a '66 Superior limousine or ambulance, they used 2+2 -like lower body 'skeg line' trim. FWIW, the rear doors look longer to me, but I'm not a pro-car expert.

Even if the parts were a touch long on the rear doors, they could be fitted and trimmed without a ton of effort by someone skilled in welding up stainless steel.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:18 PM

Have the front fender pieces and maybe one quarter piece. I know where there was a car but need to get back to yard for a look see. Email me <a421cat@gmail.com>.

Bill.

Old 06-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Grand Parisienne 1/4 panel moldings will be too short.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

modify a 2 door 1/4 molding for the 4 door..its way too long..ya just chop it..any good body man can do it..

how many sets of GP grilles do you need? ya got some from me too

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 06-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Post 66 GP Grills

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
modify a 2 door 1/4 molding for the 4 door..its way too long..ya just chop it..any good body man can do it..

how many sets of GP grilles do you need? ya got some from me too
Hi Mark.
I have 2 nice, complete sets of 66 GP grills along with those new lenses from Steve Ames. They came out great.
No, I don't need any more, I have more than enough !
One set is for my 66 Bonneville convertible, and one set I might save for use on the 66 Catalina wagon someday .

Semper Fi
Old 08-01-2020, 04:25 PM

Default Canadian Poncho Forum is an excellent resource

Hi Ron, I read your post looking for Canadian Pontiac parts. Check out the “Canadian Poncho Forum”,
It’s dedicated to Canadian built Pontiacs. It has been a great resource for me, and the guys up there are Super friendly and very knowledgeable. I have just recently purchased a beautiful replacement dashboard and heater control, for my 1966 Grande from a guy I met on that forum.. Another good resource is Kijiji (basically the Canadian version of Craigslist) There are always tons of parts, and cars for sale on that app. You can down load it from the App Store. Once your set up, you can set auto alerts to notify you by email when something your looking for is listed. Hope this helps, Mark.