Old 08-06-2020, 01:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default WTB 1965 Catalina Wagon rear emblems

Need to buy the "Safari" emblem and the "PONTIAC" letters for the tailgate of my newly acquired 1965 Catalina station wagon. They went missing when the previous owner had the car painted back in 2012. Looked at Ames and Ebay and the only Safari emblem is from the 50's, and they carry new 1966 PONTIAC letters that must be different from the 65's. I also went through Frank's Pontiac Parts inventory with no luck.

Also anyone know what the difference is between the '65 and '66 letters that go on the tailgate, and whether the hole spacing might work even if the script might be marginally different? Right now the tailgate has some chrome stick-on letters the previous owner added. On top of looking somewhat incorrect, they run downhill from left to right. At least the old holes are all still there and the painter didn't cover them up. Well, one or more holes for the Safari emblem are painted over but there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tailgate.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	546532  

Last edited by lust4speed; 08-06-2020 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Found a NOS "Safari" script local to me and while I paid dearly, it is a really nice piece. Still need the P-O-N-T-I-A-C letters that go on the tailgate.