Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 11:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Eveland View Post
"Us" ? As in how many 8k engine have you built and lasted? Id like to know about your engine building experiance , share with us all how its done o wise one..
"us", we are all Pontiac guys Bill.
You reading comprehension needs work.
Real deal 8K+ engines should have fully counter-weighted billet cranks and everything else that goes along with it.
Get true high RPM out of your head. You can not afford it, neither can I or 95% of all Pontiac racers. Billet pistons and the ring pack needed for it can run 4K.
The best the average guy can do is buy their old heads and intake for 1/3 of what they have into it and go have fun.
The big time Pontiac racers were and are pioneers who have done a lot of the R&D on their own dime. We can benefit from it because they paid for it.
If not for them we would be in the same place as Buick and Olds.

Old 09-22-2020, 12:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
"us", we are all Pontiac guys Bill.
You reading comprehension needs work.
Real deal 8K+ engines should have fully counter-weighted billet cranks and everything else that goes along with it.
Get true high RPM out of your head. You can not afford it, neither can I or 95% of all Pontiac racers. Billet pistons and the ring pack needed for it can run 4K.
The best the average guy can do is buy their old heads and intake for 1/3 of what they have into it and go have fun.
The big time Pontiac racers were and are pioneers who have done a lot of the R&D on their own dime. We can benefit from it because they paid for it.
If not for them we would be in the same place as Buick and Olds.
You sure as heck don't need 4k worth of pistons and rings to turn 8k!!!! You're taking out your butt again. People have been turning 8k with Pontiacs for a LONG time!!
Nostalgia Super Stock guys have since the late 90s early 2000s (probably a lot earlier), and many others have!
Just because you talked to Mike L once about his engines does mean that's what everyone needs or has had to do just to spin it to 8k. His experiences were unique to his build/combo!

Old 09-22-2020, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
You sure as heck don't need 4k worth of pistons and rings to turn 8k!!!! You're taking out your butt again. People have been turning 8k with Pontiacs for a LONG time!!
Nostalgia Super Stock guys have since the late 90s early 2000s (probably a lot earlier), and many others have!
Just because you talked to Mike L once about his engines does mean that's what everyone needs or has had to do just to spin it to 8k. His experiences were unique to his build/combo!
You run the high dollar billet pistons right ?
Yeah, Mikes huge stroke had a lot to do with it for sure. What I am trying to say is there are plenty of folks who do not realize how expensive these large ci, high RPM NA Pontiacs are.
Have you added up what your new bullet is going to cost ? I try not to because the money us regular working guys spend on this stuff is crazy.
The whole point of me and this RPM talk has to do with Bill and him thinking about a 7500RPM engine like his. Its nut and you know its nuts. You can make a 2 bolt 455 put out 600-650 HP for a long time at reasonable RPM.
If he goes out and does the 7500 RPM thing it won,t be for long and you know it. So you and your cohorts try and pounce on it like its means everyone, it does not. Never did.
8K stock blocks do not have a long life expectancy. Just like 2 bolt 455s and steel rods don't last long at 7500 RPM. And you know it. Pontiacs biggest mistake was the open lifter galley.
You are one of the guys long ago who told me they all eventually split up the middle.
Changed you mind trying to win a argument or were you lying back then ?

Old 09-22-2020, 08:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sleeve wasn't my fault, but ive at least put mine down the track. Not stuck behind a keyboard. My missed the point about my meme than if that's all you got out of it.

Quote:
You know the guy who made that post has blown up two in a row right ?

6.27@107
9.97@131
Old 09-22-2020, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You run the high dollar billet pistons right ?
Yeah, Mikes huge stroke had a lot to do with it for sure. What I am trying to say is there are plenty of folks who do not realize how expensive these large ci, high RPM NA Pontiacs are.
Have you added up what your new bullet is going to cost ? I try not to because the money us regular working guys spend on this stuff is crazy.
The whole point of me and this RPM talk has to do with Bill and him thinking about a 7500RPM engine like his. Its nut and you know its nuts. You can make a 2 bolt 455 put out 600-650 HP for a long time at reasonable RPM.
If he goes out and does the 7500 RPM thing it won,t be for long and you know it. So you and your cohorts try and pounce on it like its means everyone, it does not. Never did.
8K stock blocks do not have a long life expectancy. Just like 2 bolt 455s and steel rods don't last long at 7500 RPM. And you know it. Pontiacs biggest mistake was the open lifter galley.
You are one of the guys long ago who told me they all eventually split up the middle.
Changed you mind trying to win a argument or were you lying back then ?
My 496 went 8k with regular forged pistons and nothing fancy rings and no center counter weights.
https://youtu.be/zRqZzkW-SSc

Old 09-22-2020, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This discussion has run its course, and has gone from sharing useful tech information to the usual chest pounding and insults of others by the same usual people.   It's too much work to go through it and edit out all the juvenile posts, so I'm just going to close it.

Closed Thread