Old 05-24-2019, 01:41 AM

Default Looking for my old T/A

Hi everyone. Like a lot of folks out there, I am looking for the one that got away and turning to social media/websites for help. I owned a 1976 Formula in the 80's and reluctantly sold it when I went back to school full time. I posted on a few local Facebook pages where I used to live about a year and a half ago, and then had some updates a year later looking for help and while I had some good suggestions, I have been unable to locate it. I also posted the other day on a few Pontiac and T/A related Facebook pages and one member suggested this site as well. It is a 1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula (dressed to look like a T/A....it had a T/A spoiler on the back, and the T/A hood scoop, but did not have the two front fender flares found on T/A's). It was black, with a tan interior and had a 400 engine with a 4 speed transmission.

I lived in Lowell, Mass. when I owned it and sold it to a guy from Dracut, Mass. in September 1986. I was able to track him down and have spoken with him a couple of times over the last few years. He remembers the car well, but does not remember who he sold it to and in what year, but he was living in Tyngsboro, Mass. at the time and thinks it might have been to a guy he hired to do some work on hardwood floors. He did say the motor was replaced at some point while he owned it, which was not good to hear but it is what it is. Not much to go on, I know.

I do have the VIN but it is a thirteen digit VIN and, as many of you know, any websites that provide the VIN lookup do not work as it has to be seventeen digits since 1981. I did hire a private investigator a couple of months ago and he had no luck checking with the DMV or wherever else he checked so my last hope is to rely on good old social media and hope that someone out here knows something or someone who may be able to help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Old 08-03-2019, 09:58 PM

If you go to the DMV, they can tell you who last owned it.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
If you go to the DMV, they can tell you who last owned it.

The PI I hired tried that with no luck but the VIN was 2u87z6n603704. I believe he tried MA and NH. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk