Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:38 AM

Default Wrong listing in paper catalogue and tech assistance wrong

Ordered a front wheel stud for a 1970 GTO with 4 wheel drum brakes. Ames sent me part#T120N. This is the wrong wheel stud. Banged out one of the remaining 4 lugs- took it to Autozone and got the correct one. I am original owner so I know whats what with this car. When I called Ames I was told they have been selling this for years and received a little bit of blowback so I kept the useless stud. There should be NO challenging a 25 year customer. Order was only $7.95 but I was disappointed with their response. Paul

Old 05-05-2020, 10:19 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taktikian View Post
Ordered a front wheel stud for a 1970 GTO with 4 wheel drum brakes. Ames sent me part#T120N. This is the wrong wheel stud. Banged out one of the remaining 4 lugs- took it to Autozone and got the correct one. I am original owner so I know whats what with this car. When I called Ames I was told they have been selling this for years and received a little bit of blowback so I kept the useless stud. There should be NO challenging a 25 year customer. Order was only $7.95 but I was disappointed with their response. Paul
Hi Paul, after we spoke on the phone I have been working on this and plan to correct the issue. I emailed you this morning looking for some more information. Trust me, there is no challenging ANY of our customers! Of course there are proper steps for us to follow in order to fix a problem. We are always available to hear you out and do our best to answer any questions you might have.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:46 PM

Hi Kyler, Just responded to your E-Mail. No ill will meant. Sincerely,Paul