THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-17-2021, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Seems to be a GM square chrome logo on my wife's Solstice, and her sisters G6 convertible. Only on one side of car.

GM placed those emblems on most 2006-2010 vehicles.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 01-17-2021, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
They are most welcome to change it, no matter to me, I'm still not interested.

And neither am I. Owning 2 GM products (truck and SUV) that can't be driven more than 20 miles without showing a Service Engine code, I rely on my 3 trouble-free four letter Ford products for daily drivers.

My classics are all GM of a much better era.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Not GM.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	558663  

Old 01-18-2021, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Close.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A08760B7-1B9A-4BDB-9389-829600435DE8.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	558740  

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 01-19-2021, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Seems to be a GM square chrome logo on my wife's Solstice, and her sisters G6 convertible. Only on one side of car.
Ha!

Should be one on each side.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 11:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Saw this earlier!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hellcat.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	558850  

"Don't let fatigue make a coward of you."
Old 01-20-2021, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

^

Dodge (and Fiat/Chrysler) is now Stellantis.

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/s...est-automaker/

Who knows what will happen to this brand?

Quote:
PSA CEO Carlos Tavares reportedly likened the effort to a fresh start in China, with PSA CFO Philippe de Rovira stating it wouldn't be reasonable to continue with so many brands and platforms under the Stellantis umbrella.

Stellantis will be the fourth-largest automaker in the world with 13 specific brands, not the least of which being giants like Peugeot, Citroen, Ram, and Jeep. The brands will retain their own identities – you won't see Stellantis badges or branding – but the creation of common platforms for all automakers will certainly be a significant cost-cutting measure. What that means for the dozens upon dozens of models in this family remains to be seen.

Perhaps of greater interest here, however, is how this talk of brand and model reductions for China might translate to other markets. Cost-cutting is certainly a goal of this merger, and if it's not reasonable to expect all these brands to exist in China, one can conclude the ax will fall elsewhere. Chrysler is barely surviving as a brand, and Lancia is a mere shell of its former self.
https://www.motor1.com/news/452763/s...sa-fca-models/

Old 01-20-2021, 11:18 AM
Senior Chief

Default Ford for Me

Same here, Don.

I'm afraid GM is just another company now committed to the SJW hires and thought processes. Engineering at GM has moved further down the ranks behind the bean counters and SJW types.

I, too, bailed on GM when my 2009 Suburban nickeled and dimed me into total frustration. Just a total PITA truck that I could no longer trust on my trips to my cabin.

I was a life-long GM guy who used to preach nothing but GM, but I've moved on to Ford with an excellent 2018 F-150, and a brand new 2018 Escape Titanium for my wife.

Despite their issues, you can tell Ford is at least trying.

I'm not so sure that Mary Barra is the amazing person she's portrayed to be in the press.

Harvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Keefe View Post
I read an account of the designing of the logo from someone on the design team and it was a typically arrogant and clueless GM mindset, with plenty of buzzwords. It was completely dismissive of any criticism, this person literally talking down to journalists with decades of experience. It struck me like a teenager telling his parents how the world works.

The truth is, the new logo looks like something you could design with a phone app. Maybe that's the new mindset of GM after all...

After decades of being frustrated with their management and arrogance, I am done with GM. The last GM car I bought was a 2008 Malibu LTZ. Nice car but it nickel-dimed me to death. I just bought a leftover 2020 Ford Escape SEL. I didn't even consider an Equinox or other GM SUV and I love it. Super comfy, loaded, and even a panoramic roof. It has the base EcoBoost three-cylinder. It is surprisingly quick. It will 0-60 in under 8 seconds and the mileage is incredible. It's the perfect daily driver. I don't need to impress girls because I already have one... ;-)

Old 01-27-2021, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lower case letters on the GM FUTURLINER. I think not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1J_...l=TheOklahoman

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 01-27-2021, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat Racer View Post
Lower case letters on the GM FUTURLINER. I think not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1J_...l=TheOklahoman
FUTURLINER were awesome especially the GM Front and Center

When These were made I Think NOT!

https://youtu.be/oQBsjDlVKpg

https://youtu.be/7Oaw7uGUDkE

Everything about these ads exuded Power, Class, and Youth.

GM 's new Marque is at least 2 steps backwards.

Last edited by 455dan; 01-27-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:44 AM

I guess the Mr Magoo inspired front end of the Bronco is pretty manly??????? Not to mention the weird rear wheel base, short yellow bus inspired

Old 01-28-2021, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
I guess the Mr Magoo inspired front end of the Bronco is pretty manly??????? Not to mention the weird rear wheel base, short yellow bus inspired

Will be buying one later in the year, probably wait until more available to touch, see. I will say yours is first stylistic complaints I've read. I'll be mirroring twin turbo ecoboost in my 19 F150. Love it.

Old 01-28-2021, 12:35 PM

A friend of mine had a 1966 Bronco with a 302 in high school and his Bronco and the new Bronco look nothing alike. The new Bronco looks bloated and the roof line looks low IMO and the rear wheels are almost touching the rear bumper. I had a 1984 Bronco and loved that thing in the snow and it was very comfortable and spacious. I didnt like the power steering whine and the rusting rear quarters though. I dont know maybe it is just me but a truck with a V6 with boost is no where near as manly as a 6.0 V8. I could care less what the logo looks like as long as when I step on the go fast peddle and it has that V-8 rumble.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can't say much for the rumble, but one of my fleet vehicles, an 18 passenger Transit 350 1 ton van out ran an Infinity G37 in a street race. 390 HP Twin Turbo V-6. Can't deny the performance of the new stuff. BTW it appears the GM lower case logo that is supposed to look like an electric plug may prove to be a perfect fit. GM officially announced TODAY they will cease production of all Gasoline and Diesel cars, SUV's, and light duty trucks at the conclusion of the 2034 production run. So now the new logo is perfect! I won't be buying any new vehicles at that time and will be lucky to driving at all.

Old 02-02-2021, 02:41 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Can't say much for the rumble, but one of my fleet vehicles, an 18 passenger Transit 350 1 ton van out ran an Infinity G37 in a street race. 390 HP Twin Turbo V-6. Can't deny the performance of the new stuff. BTW it appears the GM lower case logo that is supposed to look like an electric plug may prove to be a perfect fit. GM officially announced TODAY they will cease production of all Gasoline and Diesel cars, SUV's, and light duty trucks at the conclusion of the 2034 production run. So now the new logo is perfect! I won't be buying any new vehicles at that time and will be lucky to driving at all.
You can get an electric wheelchair now....

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Anonymous For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2021, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like those GM signs from the auto show I sold are worth-more now. Lol.
I had a box of these I gave away. They were on some display in the GM booth. Small,GM logo
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	559980  

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱

Last edited by burd; 02-02-2021 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I saw one of those Broncos on the road locally the other day. I had to do a double take because I didn’t expect to see one yet. Didn’t look as tough in person, but I do like it.

I like how they have the 2034 model year figured out- who knows if they will be in business by then???

Old 02-03-2021, 02:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I kinda like the new Broncos myself. Being a classic car fan, I don't have a problem with round headlights. GM hasn't made anything interesting outside of Cadillacs and Corvettes for years IMHO.
My BIL, who is a GM customer almost exclusively and no mechanic, paid $600 for a headlight replacement a few weeks ago. He said they had to remove the fender. Now, it's out again.
I imagine it was the inner fender but still....$600 for a headlight?