THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Cool Pontiac T shirts on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-70-1...sAAOSwTrxfhubL

Old 01-17-2021, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The price shown is only for the design. There is no shipping cost because he emails the design to you for you to proof. Who knows what he charges to make an actual T shirt and what he charges to ship the shirt?

Old 01-17-2021, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

From having designed, and sold T shirts, the artwork is the expensive part of initially bringing the design, to a finished product. I had 15 different designs of Pontiac shirts, the artwork for each new design was $250-$300 each.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 01-17-2021, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Brad

Your cost was for true custom designed artwork. This appears to be "canned" artwork. He appears to have side profiles of all makes all models that he will quickly change the color and wheel design, digitally adjust the ride height, pop in some text and a "canned" background. Probably takes him less than 5 minutes.

Old 01-17-2021, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A lot of the design was taken from clip art, or digitally removed from pictures. Lettering was then added. I've stood right there while the design was made, and it was usually under an hour depending upon the complexity/editing of the design, but it still wasn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

Most times when someone has an inkjet printer, (ink to garment) which I'm pretty confident that this is how these shirts are being done. The initial print of one shirt is usually between 35-50 dollars, it then drops quickly the more shirts you order.

I investigated buying an ITG printer, by going to a trade show, but didn't like the finished quality of the shirt. I had my digital art work already, and gave it to the representative to use to make me samples of my artwork printed with their machine, so there was little to no setup/editing involved He still took about 15 minutes to print the initial shirt. Of course after the initial shirt was done it took about 2-3 minutes to print each additional shirt.

I decided to keep doing mine with silkscreen and ink, because the ITG shirts fade quickly the more times they are washed. I wanted a durable product and I still have some shirt from 2005 that I wear, so the durability of the silkscreened shirts was much better. The ITG shirts (2010) are all really faded by this time, I think my wife threw most ,if not all of them away.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 01-18-2021, 12:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

These shirts are cool too
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Gar...75.c100623.m-1

Old 01-19-2021, 11:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Post Toastie's 2nd link shows the cool ones. IMHO that first link.... not so much.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.