THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Kinda skanky...

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
Old 07-25-2020, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
According to the history, the Monobloc plastic chair was being mass produced as early as the '70s and certainly by 1983 in the US. They were usually white, don't know if the blue/gray color is meaningful to the vintage. Colors were less common but maybe they were available from the start.

Halter tops were popular from the late '60s thru the '70s, pretty much disappeared in the '80s. They came back in the mid '90s, popularized by Britney Spears and others.

Bell-bottoms became popular in the late '60s. They got progressively bigger in the '70s, usually worn with platform shoes. My personal experience, in 1968 as an 8th grader my friends and I swore we would not wear bell-bottoms. The following year, that was all I wore. Just the other day my sister shared a photo of our family from 1976 out to dinner with my grandparents celebrating their 50th anniversary. I wore my favorite dressy pants, pale yellow with big bell bottoms and platform shoes. Floral print polyester shirt. Ultimate in cool.

The girl in the pic is not wearing shoes, so missing that clue.

I remember those big decorative belt buckles being popular but I can't recall when. Don't think I ever wore such a belt buckle.

Her top color seems more Orbit Orange than Carousel Red. That and the chair seem to eliminate pre-1970 in my mind.

Long straight hair was popular in the '70s. I'm thinking Peggy Lipton in The Mod Squad and Susan Dey in The Partridge Family.

I looked at the extension cord, my oldest orange outdoor cord I bought circa 1982. It no longer has the original molded plug ends since my wife does most of the hedge trimming and uses an electric hedge trimmer. Actually, the male end was still original until 2 years ago but the ground prong broke off and had to replace it. But I'm thinking that style cord has been around since well before the '70s.

I don't think anything else in the photo helps with the vintage.

My guess, the photo was taken between '72-78.

Perhaps the shirt graphic was inspired by the 1971 movie Two Lane Blacktop.

Was the photo just random on Facebook or do you know more about the young lady?
Wow, quite an analysis By the way, The Judge graphic did not appear anywhere on the car used in TLB. Vintage or not, the lady in the pic looks great.