Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 08-04-2002, 06:15 PM
Senior Chief

OK I know this against the rules but its the best answer for me to get this car rolling. Has anybody dropped a small block Chevy in a 66 Tempest. I have so many of these around and lots of High performance goodies from carbs to fuel injection that for a temporary motor a SBC 350 would get me going. Then I could concentrate on an FI stroked 400.

Old 08-04-2002, 06:15 PM
Senior Chief

OK I know this against the rules but its the best answer for me to get this car rolling. Has anybody dropped a small block Chevy in a 66 Tempest. I have so many of these around and lots of High performance goodies from carbs to fuel injection that for a temporary motor a SBC 350 would get me going. Then I could concentrate on an FI stroked 400.

Old 08-04-2002, 06:50 PM

I know you will need chevelle frame mounts and if i remember correctly the top radiator hose connection is on the other side. At least thats what i had to do to my 64 to sink a BB in.

Old 08-07-2002, 11:57 PM

I put a 350 in a 66GTO for awhile till I got the 455. Lakewood makes a set of mounts just for this.
They will be cheaper then Chevelle mounts.The rad hose is the same place. You will need to switch the battery tray to right side but the holes should already be there. I used headers for a Chevelle. I had a 4spd and the cross member from the GTO worked fine. Pretty easy swap.

Old 08-10-2002, 09:28 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks John, found them at TP Total Performance through Summit $51. Not much to them, think I'll take the six cylinder frame mounts and modify them for the SBC.

Old 12-16-2002, 10:31 AM
Suspended

if those are six cylinder OHC frame mounts, they are very valuable and hard to find now. I would offer to buy them for the price of the Chevy ones you found.