Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to Formulafr Send a message via AIM to Formulafr Send a message via Yahoo to Formulafr Send a message via Skype™ to Formulafr
Default 2.56 and speedo gear

hello, long time since last comment here.

i have just change my speedometer on board for a km/h one. i used a GPS to verify the indicated speed and 130km/h is 130km/h on the GPS, so no safe gap with the allowed speed. i have 2% kilometer lost compare to GPS. i think i can change the speedo ratio to recover a "normal" speedo read. i wonder what are the pinion teeth number on a TH350 with 2.56 rear end. i have 27.03" rear wheels.

is my pinion green or light green on the gear shaft? i don't remember the color of the speedo cable in the tranny.

(the picture was taken many year ago when the tranny has been rebuilt)

thanks

Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you are only out by 2 % don't worry.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

what color is your driven gear? is it brown or purple. If it's brown, I would go purple.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to Formulafr Send a message via AIM to Formulafr Send a message via Yahoo to Formulafr Send a message via Skype™ to Formulafr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Grandville View Post
what color is your driven gear? is it brown or purple. If it's brown, I would go purple.
i think it's brown, but i'm not sure.