Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 09-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Where did you get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm525
I agree with what jfmjr1 states. I went with the Raybestos Brute Stop brake rotors ($80 each), which are slotted and cross-drilled. The rotors bolt right on in place of the originals. The cross-dilled holes have a chamfer to reduce the possibility of cracking. Unless you plan to road race your vehicle, the cross-drilled and slotted rotors will be fine. Any type of cast-iron rotor, regardless if it's cross-drilled or not, will start cracking when subjected to extreme heat then rapidly cooled like in racing conditions.
Where did you pick those up at, a local parts house like Advanced?

Old 09-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I purchased the rotors, pads, and shoes throught the Advance Auto Parts website. You can buy them over the counter (not normally stocked), but they will have to order them and you will have to drive to the store to pick up the parts. Any order over $50 includes free shipping, so you might as well order them online and have the parts delivered to your house. There are numerous other sources for the Raybestos Brute Stop rotors, but Advance Auto Parts seemed to be the cheapest.