Old 01-13-2008, 09:44 PM

Exclamation Canadian Pontiacker's

There's a brand new website being developed to cater to the Canadian Pontiac!

It's very much in the development stage, starting off very simple, but it's designed specifically for the 58-70 B' Bodies (Parisienne, Laurentian, Strato Chief etc). Beaumonts 62-69 and Acadians.

We'd really like to see this forum, created for the unique Canadian Pontiacs, come to life. Seems we Canadian Pontiackers have to exsist in mostly in the shadows of the big guys, we use the USA Pontiac sites for body information, and the Chevy sites for our chassis. But we have nowhere to really call our own. We feel strongly there is a growing interest in this section of the hobby.

If you have a Canadian built Poncho, come over, check in and introduce yourself, and give some suggestions!

http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/index.spark

Cheers and thanks, Mark.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you aware of the Canadian Pontiac club website at http://www.canadianpontiac.com/ ? It does look like that website hasn't been very active for some time.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:44 AM

Yes I'm aware of that site. Really not a website per se, just a group.
This new site was created to bring eveyone together on the same page.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Senior Chief

mjc34,

I can't help you with a site for Canadian Yaks, but I can give you a "here's to your success!" toast.

It's interesting. Australia (the Holdens) and Canada got completely different cars.

Well, I appreciate my Canadian and Aussie friends. I read history, and remember that Canadians hit the beaches with us at Normandy! That makes us eternal buds in my book. Canada is a great (and incredibly beautiful) country, even though our national anthem is so much cooler than yours (the melody "Star Spangled Banner" originated from a drinking song, you know - mind you, most of us have to be at least half drunk to try to sing it!). I've been to Canada a few times (each time to various parts of Vancouver) and enjoyed every visit. Great city.

Good luck. How many Canadian Yaks are roadworthy or restorable, I wonder?

I'll have to try to find some pics of the models you list: the Parisienne, Laurentian, Strato Chief, Beaumonts 62-69 and Acadians.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Suspended

have some canadian pontiac info like MPC and such for roughly 65-72 model years if you need some research.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 PM

The site has really taken off (eh!) with a wealth of info on Canadian built and sold cars as well as some info on Canadian models originally sold in Australia and Chile! We have a few of our Yankee cousins on the board too.