Old 05-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Wrecked Judge

Anyone know the story behind this catastrophe?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wtf-wrecks-04_09_14-500-4.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	362742   Click image for larger version

Name:	wtf-wrecks-04_09_14-500-7.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	362743  

Old 05-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That looks like the one that was all over the net several years ago. If I remember correctly, a kid took out dads car, tried to pass some cars, lost it, and hit a telephone pole.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If I recall the story, he lived with a number of broken bones.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talk about folding a car in half. I bet dad was pissed.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunctionalShaker View Post
Talk about folding a car in half. I bet dad was pissed.
Only if he died!

Things can be fixed or replaced - kids can't be.

DAMN that's a hard hit, I've totaled several cars/trucks in my life, none that bad!

Some good parts on that, I'm sure it lived on.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Theres been so many stories about that car, I don't know which one was true. I know GTOJohn from MN knows about it.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If the kid took the car without permission, even though dad would be concerned about the kid's welfare, he'd still be angry the car was wrecked.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:44 PM

I would be more concerned about my kid. That is really bad damage, whoever was driving was very lucky to live and assume had some serious injury.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Senior Chief

Lucky to be alive after his Old Man got hold of him!

Old 07-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The story and more photos of the crash scene can be seen here:

http://ultimategto.com/cgi-bin/showc...type=recentpic

69 Judge convertible........clone! Carousel red, parchment, hideaways, TH400, 10" Continental 3200 stall, 12 bolt with 3.42, 469 c.i. with ported #48's, ported cast iron intake, Cliff's Q-Jet and ported 2-1/2" Ram Air manifolds.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What a shame!

Quote:
Smith: How did you figure out where the wreck was from the photos? Was it the big white water tower in the 9th photo? Wow.
JGEETO: Thank God that you were able to walk away (so to speak) from this tragic reck. There will always be another GTO Judge for restoration, but maybe next time, you will take the time to 'THINK' before you floor the hell out of your Goat!!!!! (car of the week 6/21/09 66 GTO)
Merry Joe K.: JGEETO, do you know what happened? Then why do you suggest this was due to the driver's negligence? Since you think the poster was the driver, clearly you don't know.
jeffmck2009: This kind of thing was common 40 years ago (many, many GTO's bit the dust, in all kinds of nasty and grumsome ways, back then...) It is VERY uncommon now (Fortunately). Did the dude live? (edited)
latech47: This is downright ugly. Hope dude is O K. Even if he walked away unharmed the anguish has to be heavy. I would still rebuild it. Just use its bones to clone.
Wabbitkiller: Oh, there's negligence. You don't mangle a car of that vintage that badly unless you're going pretty fast, and judging from the photos, this was a city side street. Needless to say, the driver was probably going well over the posted speed limit, so yes, there was negligence.
JGEETO: People, it seems that I keep going back to these pics. This group of pictures should be an eye opener for everyone!!! Please drive sensible. As you can see from these pictures, these high performance cars can harm or kill you in a blink of an eye.
69RA3: After some homework on GOOGLE, It appears the driver DID DIE at the hospital. I searched GTO JUDGE crash ST Paul Minnesota, I was able to find a link saying the driver had passed at the hospital.
Rockthe69: Wow what a SHAME!!!! I did that to a pole back in high school '70' Chevelle. I was lucky. not much more to say than holy crap. (edited)
GTO_Pete: It just makes me sick to see something like this. I have never seen one wrecked this bad. Man......
BOB: GTO MEETS PHONE POLE, THEY DONT LIKE EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOEVER WAZ DRIVIN NEEDS TALKIN TO!
Evan Scott: Now, I can see doing this to a Ford or Chevy - that would make perfect sense. But a Pontiac? I'm bewildered.
MURPH: I am sorry for your and the worlds loss
Goat Boy: That is the true definition of ugly.
Manderson: I witnessed the event and was the first to the car. He tried to pass between 2 cars going south at excessive speed, lost control and went into northbound traffic just missed several head on collisions but hit a pole instead. Alcohol was involved.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 07-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thats has to be the worst wrecked classic I've ever seen. And I certainly hope alcohol was not involved.

Typically drunk driving isn't associated with the classic car hobby. Or thats what I always felt. Cruise nights, car shows and long drives usually don't involve beer and such.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Aaaah, call it fate, or an eventuality. 40 plus year old collectible performance cars thrashed on the street like they can be replaced for $3600, just DUMB.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post

Some good parts on that, I'm sure it lived on.

Yeah, but getting to those rivets could take a while.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know all about it because I took the photos you posted. They have found their way all over the internet now.

True story is whatever I posted on these threads:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...=wrecked+judge

Anyone who says the driver died is flat out lying or misinformed. The driver was the adult son of the Judge owner and was drunk when the crash happened. Two long years of physical therapy just to walk again after two broken legs, two broken ankles, two broken feet, one broken hip, and three broken ribs.

Sad ending for a Judge but there have been many stories similar long before this one. This Judge will never see the road again and will probably be kept intact as lawn art for the current owner (minus motor). I just saw the car less than a month ago still as seen in above photos.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 07-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN View Post
I know all about it because I took the photos you posted. They have found their way all over the internet now.

True story is whatever I posted on these threads:

Anyone who says the driver died is flat out lying or misinformed. The driver was the adult son of the Judge owner and was drunk when the crash happened. Two long years of physical therapy just to walk again after two broken legs, two broken ankles, two broken feet, one broken hip, and three broken ribs.

Sad ending for a Judge but there have been many stories similar long before this one. This Judge will never see the road again and will probably be kept intact as lawn art for the current owner (minus motor). I just saw the car less than a month ago still as seen in above photos.
Thank you for setting the record straight. I am glad the driver is ok, but I was really hoping it was a clone. It's a shame to see any 45 year old car destroyed, but a rare collectable is even harder to take.

69 Judge convertible........clone! Carousel red, parchment, hideaways, TH400, 10" Continental 3200 stall, 12 bolt with 3.42, 469 c.i. with ported #48's, ported cast iron intake, Cliff's Q-Jet and ported 2-1/2" Ram Air manifolds.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

John, when I saw the 1st pic of the left front wheel stuffed back I knew the lower extremities had to be severely injured. Then when I clicked to the ultimategto link pics and saw the rest of them I didn't think it was survivable.
The Hell with the car, what about the people involved. That is what is known as a life changing event.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All-in-all, the result of people making poor choices and the price paid.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Senior Chief

….the fact remains that these cars are very powerful but have 1960ties technologies in steering, braking and tires…MUCH harder to drive fast than a modern car…any idiot can drive fast in a modern car and even if you make mistakes the electronic aids will help you out…if you make a mistake with a classic car you are on your own and these cars are not forgiving when driven on the edge...

Old 08-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by taalltheway View Post
….the fact remains that these cars are very powerful but have 1960ties technologies in steering, braking and tires…MUCH harder to drive fast than a modern car…any idiot can drive fast in a modern car and even if you make mistakes the electronic aids will help you out…if you make a mistake with a classic car you are on your own and these cars are not forgiving when driven on the edge...
So true. My wife and i went out in the GTO the other night. She has never driven it so i through the keys to her. She said the same thing. Ive been driving it a lot so it doesnt phase me at all that its so different than my daily ride.