67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 05-15-2020, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That is a NICE '68! Some of the best ebay pics I've seen also. Love the 'action' shots.

Last edited by Greg Reid; 05-15-2020 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

69 GTO "Numbers matching (?) Judge clone" in Texas at $5K NR.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Pontia...sAAOSw~exewbm9

Old 05-19-2020, 05:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

65 GTO NR at $100 in Tennessee.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Pontia...4AAOSwqwNew0jI

Old 05-20-2020, 05:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

68 Firebird convert in NY at NR $6K.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Pontia...kAAOSwdh5exHJH

Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

68 GTO convert 4-speed #'s match BIN $8700 in Illinois. Comes with a lot of parts and is a rusty crusty, but worth it IMO.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Pontia...YAAOSwIA5eyCAA

Old 05-23-2020, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thews View Post
80 T/A in Utah at $3K NR. Turbo car with red interior WS6 4WDB. Would make a good candidate for engine swap and paint it whatever color you want.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Pontia...EAAOSwZ-ResFgu

I'm so damn excited I can hardly contain myself. After this car was listed the buyer flaked and he listed it again. I made him an offer and he accepted. Without any down payment, he drove the car out from Utah and dropped it off a few hours ago with a clean title (really nice guy). I cannot believe how loaded this car is. PW/WS6 (w posi 4WDB)/Cruise/tilt/AC/PW/PDL, rear window defrost etc. I'll climb under the car tomorrow to see what ratio the posi is. I feel like I'm 6 and I'm opening up the exact Christmas present I wanted. It checked all the boxes, WS6 4WDB posi (red interior), and the engine turns over and it only has 92K miles on it and the tires are even good. So little rust you have to really search for it with original paint and the front and rear bumpers are mint. More to follow with pics.. today was a good day. Be sending off for the PHS docs asap.

The car has no bird. Here's one with a bird and the snowflake wheels with shaker instead of the turbo wheels:

I used to own a 81 Turbo T/A in maroon with a red interior in 1984. I could easily recreate this car with a better engine.

Or I could build this car without the goofy door graphics on a clone. I love this paint scheme:

Last edited by thews; 05-23-2020 at 11:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to thews For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2020, 12:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats on your score Thews.
Auto with Cruise and AC would make a great driver.

High probability you will find the Buildsheet in one of the rear seat cushions.
Then you want need PH$

Old 05-24-2020, 12:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Congrats on your score Thews.
Auto with Cruise and AC would make a great driver.

High probability you will find the Buildsheet in one of the rear seat cushions.
Then you want need PH$
I know. We all hope for the storybook dealer show car that had every conceivable option. This car is missing the radio and tape insert area, so I won't know what it had until I get the PHS docs. If it had a Am/FM stereo 8 track, man, would this be money.

It is such a cool car I've already decided on what I'll do. I'll try and get the original engine running. If I can do that, I'll buff it all out and keep it 100% original. I do think I'll have the quarter panel fixed and painted, but I want this as original as possible. The interior should clean up well. Pictures coming.

Old 05-27-2020, 02:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats thews, that is awesome. I would definitely go with the silver. Looks awesome over the red interior.
I recall when you posted that car before...seems, if I recall, someone thought it was a scam? I guess you proved it wasn't.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy for you! Great color combo and you'll bask in the glow of that red interior. You did well on this one and I hope it proves easy for you to get where you want it. Party on, Garth!

Old 05-27-2020, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll enclose one pic and then I'll start a new thread over in the one-of-many second Gen forums. The pic is of the car on the side of my house in front of my 75 T/A.

Here's the deal with the car... the body is absolutely outstanding except for the dent on the Driver's quarter. No real rust to even mention. The interior is nice for a 92K mile car and the dash is cracked. I believe the paint is original, which is odd because it's not faded. Silver fades the worst of any color, but this still looks good. If I remember right the guy told me this car was in storage since the 90's. It has every option I could think of... ordered the PHS docs. It is a WS6 4WD 3.08 posi. The rear sway bar has been cut? Not sure why, but I have another one.

The odd thing about this color combo is that it must be really rare, because I haven't found another one online. Silver works well with red... and damn I love me a red interior.

My plans have changed and waffled a bit, but I've narrowed it down to two options, both of which include a crate engine. The 301 Turbo engine in it is shot and they were never good engines anyway. Now, before I get the Chebby hate, let me preface with the engine I just completed in the 75 (pic below). All aluminium top end with E 72cc D-ports, Performer RPM intake and RAIII exhaust manifolds. It sounds great just like a Pontiac should, but damn it was expensive to build. The crate engine I want is 350HP and about $3200 for a complete long block with a warranty. https://www.jegs.com/i/ATK-Engines/0...791+4294829509 . The trans will cost me another $1200 and the car should run great.

Here are my two top options:

1) Do nothing. Pull the old #'s matching engine and trans and put it on a stand. Drive the car as is and just enjoy it for a while... maybe add vintage air?

2) I have a nose, valance and hood off a 72 T/A. I could bolt those on and have it painted Brewster green. The rear tail lights on the 80/81 T/A looks great. Even with T-Tops (not available in 73), the car would look awesome and run awesome. Remember, the 80 T/A WS6 is a handling car (voted the best in 79 by car and driver).

I'll mull it over, but I'm really happy I decided to add another one to the fray. Since I'm now divorced I can do it if I want and only I have to vote on it... that may turn out to be a bad thing if my hoarding tenancies are allowed to run amok?

What would you do?

Engine in my 75 T/A

Last edited by thews; 05-27-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Friend of mine about 4 years older than me, bought a new 79 TA.
Silver with Red Deluxe Interior, Auto AC no other options.
Decals & Eagle were like Red/Orange/Yellow / with Rally 2's.
Never liked the car - but i loved 79 TA's and wanted one BAD (was 16 in 79)

He should have at least gotten the Red/Black/Silver/Grey Decals
I'd go that route and leave it Silver with Turbo wheels
Put the 75 engine in this car.
The 80 is the superior-being

To be totally honest, i don't like these cars in Silver
And don't like Red interiors
Brewster Green with 79 Black Deluxe Cloth and 72 Nose would be wicked
Would need REAL Honeycomb wheels to pull it off
And your Hi-Po engine from 75
73 and older can get by without Hood Bird just fine, 74-81 have to have it
Not a Brewster Green guy either - but would take it over Silver

Old 05-27-2020, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Friend of mine about 4 years older than me, bought a new 79 TA.
Silver with Red Deluxe Interior, Auto AC no other options.
Decals & Eagle were like Red/Orange/Yellow / with Rally 2's.
Never liked the car - but i loved 79 TA's and wanted one BAD (was 16 in 79)

He should have at least gotten the Red/Black/Silver/Grey Decals
I'd go that route and leave it Silver with Turbo wheels
Put the 75 engine in this car.
The 80 is the superior-being

To be totally honest, i don't like these cars in Silver
And don't like Red interiors
Brewster Green with 79 Black Deluxe Cloth and 72 Nose would be wicked
Would need REAL Honeycomb wheels to pull it off
And your Hi-Po engine from 75
73 and older can get by without Hood Bird just fine, 74-81 have to have it
Not a Brewster Green guy either - but would take it over Silver
Red interiors are love/hate. My first GTO when I was 16 (1978) was a 1970 white 455 4-speed Ram Air with a red interior. Once you go red, you never go back... or something like that? When you get in a Pontiac with red, it's all red. Your eyes have to readjust when you get out of it... hypnotizing. The firethorn red is a much brighter red than the 80 cloth. With a set of the new 17" honeycomb wheels at about $1K the car would really pop.

I forgot to mention the cam in my 75. I bought most of the parts directly from Butler (including the shaker base which I'm still trying to make fit under the shaker). I asked them what would they choose for the grind with my E-heads/carb/exhaust/intake and they suggested a special grind. I didn't even look it up yet, but it sounds good. The exhaust is Thrush one double in/out muffler. In 75 cats were introduced, In Colorado, only 76 and later cars have to have catalytic converters to pass smog. This one is exempt, so it's just a muffler. It's loud, but not obnoxious. The 80 will need catalytic converters, but the performance ones don't hurt too much.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17-Honeycom...UAAOxyi-ZTY6~c

I've rethought things and came up with a third option. I had a 80 Turbo in Maroon with a red interior... loved that car. It was gutless, but very pretty. What if I put the 72 nose and hood on it and painted it 1980 montreux maroon with a red bird. The red bird would show the maroon through its wings. I think that would be cool, but maybe only I would?

Regarding the engine, the engine in the 75 is staying there. I have too many projects to tear one apart, plus the 75 is a really cool car.

Here's a 73 Brewster green with the 17" wheels. Note I have both 72 and 73 grills for the front end. I like the 73 grills better, prolly because it's honeycomb.

Last edited by thews; 05-27-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You'll figure it out
That's all that really matters anyway.

WS6 with Cruise and solid body is a great platform

I'd do a shaker hood and leave it as a 79-81.
Pick your favorite colors and wheels and go for it.
If its not a keeper, sell it real fast.
You can't make any money on this car after you spend any money on it.
The last guy knew that.
So be discerning and truthful with yourself.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You'll figure it out
That's all that really matters anyway.

WS6 with Cruise and solid body is a great platform

I'd do a shaker hood and leave it as a 79-81.
Pick your favorite colors and wheels and go for it.
If its not a keeper, sell it real fast.
You can't make any money on this car after you spend any money on it.
The last guy knew that.
So be discerning and truthful with yourself.
Sage... you are wise. Unfortunately for me, I'm not that bright. If I spend another $6K in this car I get it running well. If I put another $6K in paint, I'm now in $18K. What's it worth? ...$19K...? Bad ROI. While I realize the most cost effective thing to do is to get it running and sell it as original, the illogical part of me wants a 73 Trans Am with a red cloth interior/WS6 in maroon. The dumb part of me will probably win, because red interior... so awesome.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats!
I think Silver Exterior / Red Interior is a great combo, too. Have ordered a few in those shades over the years...

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 05-29-2020, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

68 Firebird convert NR in NY at $1500. Looks like a nice car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Pontia...kAAOSwdh5exHJH

Old 05-29-2020, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

81 NASCAR Recarro for $18K OBO in CA... price seems close to right. May be a deal here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Pontia...EAAOSwDlZe0MMD

Old 05-30-2020, 08:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

69 Firebird NR in Florida at $100.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Pontia...sAAOSw~15erLvq

Old 05-30-2020, 08:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What color is this 69 Firebird?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Pontia...4AAOSwyVZe0ux9