WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2008-09 G8 owners > G8 General Tech/Discussion

G8 General Tech/Discussion G8 general tech and discussion area.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jim, thanks for sharing that. Sounds like your friend Milt is really enjoying breaking his in.

Some cars are just alot of fun to drive.

BJ, I didnt know SLP had some GXPs as well. Have to look at those.

I almost feel like buying one because its Pontiac last year, kind of a bitter sweet farewell from a Pontiac fan.
Of course I do like the car.

I know you all have seen the Hurst Performance G8 supercharged version, the SLP Nighthawk and the ones the Pontiacs dealers have left.

Wonder how those Hurst G8s will do in popularity down the road?

I am still leaning toward a G8GXP.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Definitely go for the GXP. I saw a post on the G8 board that Hurst is only going to do a Hurst-to-customer direct type program. You buy your G8, ship it to them and they mod it. I don't think that will bring as much value down the road as it would if they had done a joint deal with Pontiac on a special run of them. Hagerty's just released and article in there magazine that says the GXP should have some collector value down the road. I tend to agree. But for now, I'm enjoying driving it and enjoying the power this thing makes - simply awesome!

BJ

Last edited by OVERULD; 09-02-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Interesting news, I hadnt seen that (Collector value down the road)

Let me ask you a few more questions, please;

If I found a car in dealer inventory is it better to call that dealer direct or go through one in your area you might have a realationship with?

Let them handle the dealer transfer and shipping, all that, vrs. going direct to out of state dealer?

I wonder if they would get tight thinking I wanted one real bad, so they might hold firm on the price?

Do you think there is any greater discount to squeeze out of them if local and big dealer, realationship established, multi make dealer?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Old 09-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Has anyone bought a G8 GXP recently?

If you dont mind, PM me I want to ask a few questions, please.
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 09-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
Interesting news, I hadnt seen that (Collector value down the road)

Let me ask you a few more questions, please;

If I found a car in dealer inventory is it better to call that dealer direct or go through one in your area you might have a realationship with?

Let them handle the dealer transfer and shipping, all that, vrs. going direct to out of state dealer?

I wonder if they would get tight thinking I wanted one real bad, so they might hold firm on the price?

Do you think there is any greater discount to squeeze out of them if local and big dealer, realationship established, multi make dealer?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Jeff:

Sorry - Just got around to checking in and saw your post. I would definitely deal directly with the out of state dealer wherever you can find one with a car in stock. At this late stage, the color selection and transmission options will be limited. Most dealers with one on the lot will not do a dealer trade and may even be asking something more than MSRP. So, if you find one that is at MSRP less current rebates, you should jump on it.

Here is a link to a thread over on the G8 board on the subject of how many GXPs are left. Long read but it will give you a pretty good idea what guys are finding out there now.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18766

Good luck with your search!

BJ

Old 09-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff:

Here is another link to a thread on the G8 Forum. This guy just bought a GXP out of North Carolina and highly recommends the dealer. He says they have one GXP left. Though you might want to check it out.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22683

BJ

Old 09-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BJ, thanks for the input and links.

I have been browsing around alot on the G8 board.

Appreciate the NC link also.

I talked live with one of the Pontiac phone techs the other night.

Unusual experience, and she couldnt (or wouldnt) give me national inventory number,
or where to call for three different colors I know might be left, plus an automatic.

She did give me the same info I got myslef off the search feature option for 150 miles.

Thanks again for the help......Jeff
Old 09-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

COUNTDOWN..numbers getting smaller.

Richmond VA Dealer tacking $ 9,000 on his THREE remaining (two slow colors).
Old 09-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Senior Chief

3 GXP in Fresno, CA now on Ebay
Old 09-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hummm....they may have sold two since you posted. Thanks for the lead. I'll look again.

I saw one from a dealer in CA this AM on ebay, at MSRP white.....unless I missed the other two.

I may wait and buy one used in a few months...rather have it new though.

Have to see what this dealr in NC is going to do. White.
Have to wear sunglasses.

I have a Credit Union member certificate from GM for $3500 that says can be used with other offers rebates etc at participating dealers...(whatever...)

Dealer in NC is saying he thinks "his" GM offfer of $3500 off is all they can take..checking into it....jeez...you would think these guys would know or walk into F&I and ask.

Funny, two out of three sales guys I talked with in last few days were more interested in what I do for a living, guess they are looking for jobs now...poor guys...middle age and out of work soon.

PS: two said they had people fly in and buy in last week, if true. One sales guy said he didnt national search yesterday and there was 12? left but could be sales line.

Last edited by JLHarper; 09-12-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:11 PM

Nice car !
Old 12-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Those '09 GXP's are sweet.. I used that Pontiac Dealer New inventory search thing last night and there was one in Tulsa OK ...2009 Red G8 GXP $41K Yikes
69 Firebird 400 Burgandy/Black
70 Olds Rallye 350 F85 4 speed 3.91's
70 Olds Cutlass Cruiser Red Wagon 350 101k miles 15 sec 1/4 12 sec w 455
74 Cheyenne Super C10 LWB Gen 6 454 w ZZ502 cam 3.07gear 13.1 1/4, 8.3 1/8
2020 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4 5.7 A8 Hemi
2007 Hummer H3 3.7 liter turd
2019 Chevy Spark petrol car 38 mpg