WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2008-09 G8 owners > G8 General Tech/Discussion

G8 General Tech/Discussion G8 general tech and discussion area.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Senior Chief

Default G8 front wheel bearing noise

Just curious if any other G8 owners have noticed a possible front wheel bearing noise. My dealer heard it on the right when turning, but they claim it doesn't feel loose or rough enough too warrant them a replacement. Only seems to make noise on turns so far.

Has been a good car otherwise. Couple weird quirks like the radio not functioning one morning when it was cold, auto tranny acted funny while going into gear also when cold, and an occasional unexpected throttle response at times. Thanks!!
1962 Skylark convertible 215 4-barrel , auto
2009 G8 Sport red metallic, Onyx leather
Whatever else that make my way into the driveway
Old 07-23-2010, 03:11 PM

Haven't had a lick of trouble on our 24K mile GXP M6 other than all the folks coming over to my wife when she's putting gas in it and wanting to know all about it. I've also had to put up with cellphone calls from her when she's on the road when someone pulls up next to her and starts messing around and wants to know if she can "take'em".

milt
Old 07-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just checked for you..... NO GM bulletins .....
400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 07-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Senior Chief

Thank you for checking the bulletins 67gtonut!! I almost feel I can't trust my dealer, as each visit is an error of some sort or charge of service not performed.(4X4 service, tire repair) Always corrected, just sorta frustrating.i have the Smart Care plan, so most normal maintenance should be covered. The fact the radio fails at "extreme for california" temps and also places the car in limp home mode bites along with no tranny dipstick, and the relays that continue to clip, chirp and talk while parked is spooky. Swear the tire sensors are worse since the recall. And the Xm module in the trunk tends to fall at whim. Guess this being my first new car, I'm not used to having more issues than the used 20+old cars i buy.

Miltmilton, that is too true about the the experiences you have noted. My wife and I debated who woud drive it the other night. I let here after she claimed it didn't matter to her. She jumps in, opens the sunroof, rolls the windows down, cranks up Ozzy and off she went with a perma grin!! Get looks from alot of people, and love teasing the acuras and other imports that try to "play". I always tell her to "take 'em", but she won't. I haven't really put my foot into yet, either. The throttle seems to different each time and sometimes catches me off guard. Again, used to cable throttles, not electronically controlled. The car has enough power at normal acceleration to change minds of others trying play quite quickly.

I wish i had been able to complete the transaction for the Hot White GXP 6m i had ordered, but this was another case where the dealer increased the price by $13,000 to $45,000, (paperwork set for $32,000 intially)just one week after they claimed pontiac wasn't making it. Not to mention GM changed the front end and wheels for GXP only. I didn't like the changes. Then, to top it off, here in california, the GXP gets tagged with a gross polluter tax to the initial registration. So... went with my base model passion red, onyx leather, 6cyl with spare tire and nicer(to me)rims, and sunroof for wifey , all for near half the price from another local dealer. I do love it!! Just some noises and quirks I'm not used to, or would normally be of concern on an older car, that I normally drove prior to this purchase.
1962 Skylark convertible 215 4-barrel , auto
2009 G8 Sport red metallic, Onyx leather
Whatever else that make my way into the driveway
Old 07-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I hear a popping noise from the front when turning especially over a bump? The throttle response is down right odd and still can't figure it out.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There is a tecnnical bulletin on lower front control arms making noise on some models. See Customer Satisfaction Campaign # 09203A and Bulletin # 09-03-08-008.

BJ

Old 08-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had this fix completed, still making noise...