Old 08-30-2009, 11:44 PM

Default 1970 T/A fair value?

Looking for information to determine a fair value on a 1970 T/A
cowl tag
ST7022887 BL08825
TR 218 6C 024574 10 10 pnt
Car has 71K showing on odometer, originally RAIII/ auto
Has a 70 YZ with #12 heads but vin does not match car vin, original trans and 12 bolt rear, original interior, mint original dash with original AM radio, 5 JW wheels, at least 1 repaint, 73 fenders with braces and core support, could not find any rust, original rad. and shroud, owners says he has the original carb with the solenoid and possibly the distributor. The shaker is complete with solenoids lid and base dual snorkle. Has a power trunk lock also. Has the original master cyl.. 3 good flares and 1 broken one. Misssing the RA exhaust manifolds.
Comes with NOS chrome tips for exhaust and NOS service replacement painted blue front spoiler, and he thinks he has a nos stripe kit.He also has complete front clip from a 70 esprite that is in excellent condition.
Engine and trans are out of the car, engine is apart. Car has been sitting for at least 15 years.
Paint is bad and the interior would probably need to be restored, although maybe just a good cleaning as the seats have no tears, would need new carpet and headliner.
Still has the original owners manual and the owner warranty plastic card in glove box.
Need help in detrming a value, sorry no pics as I forgot to take my camera with me.
Information is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 PM

still hoping for some input from the experts
I did get the PHS today not much for options.
Tinted glass, console, P/B radio, custom trim
shipped 7-14-70

Old 08-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I was buying I would offer 7 to 9k for it if it did not need any floor work and the body was solid.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I looked at a similar TA a couple of months ago. Didn't come with all the extras you mentioned. Original seats were gone, original block was replaced with a 455. Body was good. Had a '73 core. All shaker parts were missing, and the shaker was siliconed to the hood.

I offered the guy $4500 and he laughed. I was hoping for a purchase at around $6-7. He was looking for $9-10. Not worth it for a non-numbers car with a bunch of '70 only parts missing.

I think a non-numbers car in need of complete restoration isn't worth much more than a similarly equipped Formula or Esprit. Once you spend $25k redoing the car, you will still have a car that is only worth $25k assuming you could find a buyer.

Your car sounds better than the one I looked at. I would think under $10 and you would be doing okay.

Later-

Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruwster View Post
still hoping for some input from the experts
I did get the PHS today not much for options.
Tinted glass, console, P/B radio, custom trim
shipped 7-14-70
Interesting choice of Names "bruwster" , is there room for more??

Old 09-03-2009, 01:46 PM

Thank you to everyone who offered their opinions on pricing this car. I have a good idea now what to offer.
Alo I'll be starting a new post on help getting all of the correct parts for the engine accesories.
thanks again