THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have had 2 medical office visits cancelled last week, one for the endocrinologist, (diabetes) and one for the pulmonary doctor, for the evaluation of my asthma/COPD test. These both turned into tele-health phone calls.

I also had 2 crowns made for my molars on the left bottom of my jaw and currently have temporary crowns. Until the dental office is allowed to open I can't have the permanent crowns installed. I asked what will happen if the temps come off, answer was we can leave some of the adhesive outside of the office so you could glue them back on yourself.............................

No problem, mechanics are always getting injuries that we tend to ourselves. I couldn't tell you how much metal I have removed from my body, and especially my eyes, only go to the ER if I couldn't get it out myself..............

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 04-04-2020, 09:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
My blood pressure was 155/86 so the doc put me on a low dose medication called Losartan. It just happens to be one of the drugs the CDC is looking at to combat the Covid-19 virus.
I've been on Losartan 100mg for a couple of years as a replacement for a drug that was causing a cough (lisinopril). Would be nice to hear good things about the trials!

68 GTO
Old 04-04-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
I have had 2 medical office visits cancelled last week, one for the endocrinologist, (diabetes) and one for the pulmonary doctor, for the evaluation of my asthma/COPD test. These both turned into tele-health phone calls.

I also had 2 crowns made for my molars on the left bottom of my jaw and currently have temporary crowns. Until the dental office is allowed to open I can't have the permanent crowns installed. I asked what will happen if the temps come off, answer was we can leave some of the adhesive outside of the office so you could glue them back on yourself.............................

No problem, mechanics are always getting injuries that we tend to ourselves. I couldn't tell you how much metal I have removed from my body, and especially my eyes, only go to the ER if I couldn't get it out myself..............
I was fitted for a crown on the first week of March, with a follow up install on March27. I worried the whole time that my temporary would come off, and that they would be closing before I got back in. I was only eating on one side of my mouth to make sure temporary would stay in place. Luckily I called my dentist one week before my second appt. to make sure he was staying open, and he said they were only doing essential work like crowns and root canals, but were not doing any cleanings or cosmetic work for at least 30 days. I did get my new crown installed, man what a relief. I was never so happy to go to the dentist!