Old 09-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1970 GTO radiator support/fan shroud question

I just put my radiator with fan shroud in the car. After aligning for the screws, the fan shroud sticks up above the radiator support about 1/2 inch. It has NOS radiator cushions and fan shroud. I am assuming the fan shroud is suppose to fit flush with the radiator support. What can I do to fi this problem? Do I just trim some off the radiator cushions? Thanks Steve

Old 09-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Senior Chief

Check the pads on the radiator and see if the grooves in the pads are wide enough for the radiator to fully seat in the pad. Could be the radiator is sitting on top the pads a little instead of going all the way into the pad.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Senior Chief

I forgot to say it is an aluminum radiator. I am sure that makes a difference. Steve

Old 09-02-2019, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It'll definitely sit higher if the rubber isn't snugging the bottom of radiator tight. I have a Cold Case to install and found the same thing.