THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Grocery store nearby is fully stocked again. Absolutely no shortage of anything. Not sure about their marketing campaign, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3B86FAB4-E62C-4F42-9CD9-11C754C8AD7A.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	534785  

The Following User Says Thank You to 66sprint6 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It usually shows up within 3 days of contact, but they say it can be up to 2 weeks to show symptoms. The idea of knowing whether you have Covid 19, or don't have it, is the treatment plan. Because seasonal flu mimics some of the same symptoms as Covid 19, you'd like to know if you have it before your flat on your back on a ventilator.

As far as I can deduce that is the reason, at least in part why you want to be tested before you end up in an ICU unit.

There are also 2 strains of the Covid 19 virus and one is more deadlier than the other. There is a S strain and an L strain, one you may only get ill from, the other is more deadly.

Today during a news conference they have hope that 2 drugs already in the arsenal may be effective in treating. One is for treating Malaria and rheumatoid arthritis. The other is a SARS virus drug that they think needs tweaking to be effective against the Covid 19 virus.

Also a researcher in San Francisco says he's working on an antibody that is made from antibodies of survivors of the Covid 19 virus, says it could be trialed this summer, and available as a finished medication by fall.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 03-19-2020, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ALL current "flu" diagnosis are being counted as Corona virus..
20 MILLION Aztecs DIED due to the Spanish bringing them diseases a few years after Columbus discovered central America.
There are OLD medicines being tested on COVid19 right now.
This will be under control in 2-3 weeks..

Old 03-19-2020, 08:23 PM

What is over whelming the health care system is the lack of PPE(personal protective equipment). If we are going to do large scale testing then more PPE is needed especially in states hit the hardest.

Old 03-19-2020, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Drove 12 hours thru last night.

Never seen so many Trucks along the highways; the "18 wheelers" were seen travelling in force & and many many were parked at rest areas in large numbers.

Does any PY member know directly someone ghastly ill with the virus?

Old 03-19-2020, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post

Never seen so many Trucks along the highways; the "18 wheelers" were seen travelling in force & and many many were parked at rest areas in large numbers.

Mark, go to the clubhouse and read the posts from Crusty Sarge, he's living in Northern Italy and has some inlaws that have it. Italy pretty much ignored it at first, and is now losing over 400 people per day according to this members account.

1984 Grand Prix

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post

I was wondering same??

We are still One Nation Under God! The Bible quotes over 365 times, to NOT be afraid.
I’m praying for faith to rise up in this awesome nation of ours, and return to Godly things and Godly ways!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 77 TRASHCAN For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 09:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

worldometers.info gives you real time world population, daily, yearly info etc... actually pretty interesting to see. Anyways, around 134,000 people have died today as of 8pm central time. How many died from the coronavirus today? Let's add in the total deaths from the coronavirus vs today.

10,009 vs 134,000(and the day isn't over yet)
That's TOTAL virus deaths vs an average DAY of lives lost.
There's been around 12,000,000 deaths this year so far, just using an average of 150,000 deaths per day, which is a ballpark number(feel free to add or subtract a million or 2).

The world needs to shut down because a virus is responsible for killing 10,000 people????????????????????????????

I would still like to know the number of those people who passed from the coronavirus that had underlying illness...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdrookie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One thing that I have not seen much discussion on is the damage this virus does to your lungs.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
One thing that I have not seen much discussion on is the damage this virus does to your lungs.
Post #178

Quote:
People that get the virus, and survive it, aren't going to be good as new as far as their lungs being scarred from here on out. If you think this is overblown, that's your prerogative, but from my perspective I doubt I have a good chance of surviving it if I contact it. Someone else's indifference, could be my death sentence. I'm glad the officials in the US are taking it seriously. To me it's not just the seasonal flu, I've had that, and survived it quite a few times over the years. I've also had pneumonia once, and survived it. I don't want to roll the dice with corona virus though.

One other thing about it I found out last night listening to the docs on fox news, when they do an ultrasound of your lungs you have blotches spread throughout the lungs, indicating scarring of the internal tissue of the lungs. If you survive it, you will have permanent scarring of your lungs. Seasonal flu doesn't scar the lungs permanently. Equating this disease to seasonal flu is apples and oranges, IMO.

1984 Grand Prix

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 03:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You may not think it's a big deal but my wife and I are 2 of the people that if we get it we will probably NOT recover. That makes it a big deal to us. The schools are closed so the kids don't spread it but the kids are acting like it's vacation. They are out in groups doing the same stuff they always did. Didn't their parents stress that their kids should avoid contact? Young adults aren't much better. My grandson and his wife are planning a trip because prices are low. Can't they figure out prices are low because EVERY THING is closed?

Old 03-20-2020, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatracer1 View Post
You may not think it's a big deal but my wife and I are 2 of the people that if we get it we will probably NOT recover. That makes it a big deal to us. The schools are closed so the kids don't spread it but the kids are acting like it's vacation. They are out in groups doing the same stuff they always did. Didn't their parents stress that their kids should avoid contact? Young adults aren't much better. My grandson and his wife are planning a trip because prices are low. Can't they figure out prices are low because EVERY THING is closed?
I saw a husband and wife that were interviewed in FL on the beach along with all the spring breakers. He was probably mid 30s and I assume his wife was like age, saying that they were on their vacation and weren't going to let a virus that was just like the common cold ruin they're vacation. All they needed to do was wash their hands more frequently.

If ignorance is bliss, then I'd say that couple were pretty damn happy.....

1984 Grand Prix

Old 03-20-2020, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So I went to the "Over 60" shopping hour this morning at the local Smiths Food. 7 am. Not crowded, but pretty busy. Here is what I saw: No hoarding buys. No pushy cart shoppers. No rudeness. Did not see panic. I saw kindness. Heard "Excuse me" a few times. I saw smiles. I felt seriousness of purpose. I saw not resignation, but strength. I saw the American spirit I grew up in. When I first walked in, I was dumbfounded with the sight. I admit I got choked up a little. In front of my eyes was a bunch of people of varying flavors, all over 60. The SALT OF THE EARTH. They don't deserve to die or get very ill, and this is why we should all be careful. Peace for the day y'all.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Late this morning I was driving out of a Chick-fila parking lot and stopped to unwrap my biscuit. While doing that I watched an elderly white man standing in an adjoining parking lot. He was holding up what looked like an envelope to cars passing him in the lot. I drove closer towards him and could see the word BREAD written in black marker on the envelope.
I've seen people hold signs asking for help, but never anyone asking for bread. To me, that spoke of utter desperation. So, I drove along side of him and asked if was only needing bread. He said he was, and could I tell him where to find some. I answered with "no, I don't". I then made a U turn in the lot and started towards the exit. At the corner sat an older, smallish black lady. She was in tattered clothes and a cap, with her face mostly covered, wrapped in a knitted material. She didn't move, only sat still with a small piece of cardboard that said "Homeless need food". I drove a quarter of a mile away to small bakery where I got two hot loaves of bread. I think you know the rest of the story.
I find ways to help strangers and don't usually share it with anyone. But this time is different.
The only reason I'm sharing this is that I hope it provokes another person to slow down in their busy life and help someone in dire need. Even if it's only with a loaf of bread. We know we have not seen the worst of what is to come.
Good luck to all of you out there. Stay well.

BTW, I couldn't eat the biscuit.

The Following User Says Thank You to 400 4spd. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

News from this parody site needs to become a reality:
https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-an...dal-of-freedom

Old 03-20-2020, 02:30 PM
Senior Chief

Someone brought up that its the perfect time to attempt the Coast to Coast Cannonball record. 100% correct.

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Anonymous For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anonymous View Post
Someone brought up that its the perfect time to attempt the Coast to Coast Cannonball record. 100% correct.
I am not so sure. Traffic will be thin for sure. But I have never seen so much law enforcement on the road. Their sense of humor is probably pretty low on the scale right now.

Old 03-20-2020, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One good thing, for me, that has come out of this: I'm thinking way more efficiently and pragmatic in everything I do. My diet has improved dramatically with having to eat home prepared meals. I'm sure that I'm generating less waste. I'm spending way less. I've scored some great parts recently by having to dig deeper for cheap local deals. It's kind of liberating, really. I just hope that they get this stuff sorted out, before we have to push some big reset button or something.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 66sprint6 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just saw this posted on another site. My doctor started me on Losartan about two weeks ago. And now, researchers are studying it as a possible preventive medicine for Covid-19. I hope it pans out for a lot of people's sake.

https://bgr.com/2020/03/19/coronavir...pressure-cure/

Old 03-21-2020, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There was another drug for arthritis that they are looking into, wife is already on it.
Hopefully they figure it out quickly. Lots of people getting infected with this.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-ma...navirus-study/